GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Red GTi badge

CarbonDan

Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk7.5 white
I've just bought my mk7.5 and want to change the chrome badges for red, to match the red strip. The front should be an easy change but does anyone know how difficult it is to do the rear?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I've just bought my mk7.5 and want to change the chrome badges for red, to match the red strip. The front should be an easy change but does anyone know how difficult it is to do the rear?
You could go the vinyl overlay route (Badgeskins and EZMods sell red GTI vinyl overlays that attach to the existing chrome badge). As you’re in the UK, EZMods might be the better option rather than Badgeskins as EZMods are UK based, so there‘d be a shorter delivery time (Badgeskins are Canada based).

https://www.ezmods.co/product-page/ezm-gti-badge-overlays-x-2-for-vw-golf-mk7-5-gti

If you’re planning on replacing the badge, there are videos on YouTube showing how to remove these with dental floss, and how to clean off any residual adhesive from the reverse of the badge that’s left stuck on the paintwork.

If you do go for a replacement badge, remember to make a template of the exact position of the existing badge before you remove it so you can attach the replacement in the same position.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
If you look on YouTube there is a video shop dap did about replacing the rear badge. When I removed mine I just used some too gone and fishing line to take it off then kept using too gone and my finger nail to get the old adhesive off.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Measure carefully before you take the old one off so you can put the new one in the same place.

Even easier, just mark around it with painters tape. That way you know exactly where it goes.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I thought all MK7s with Red Badge means PP while all 7.5's received red badges as standard?

My 2018 GTI S has silver badges. My 2019 Rabbit has red badges.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Overlays on both are the same process. And easy.

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
I used the Badgeskin overlays, as long as you take your time it's pretty easy. I watched the video more than once including once again as I waited for the rubbing alcohol to dry. Over 3 years and they're still holding strong!

Attachments

• IMG_20210515_193139__01.jpg
    IMG_20210515_193139__01.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 74