GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Renntech tuned SL65 651hp/814-tq[w-video]

slow91

Car Audio Guru
Renntech tunes Benz's SL65 AMG Black Series to 805 HP, 1000 pound-feet [w/video]
by Jonathon Ramsey (RSS feed) on Apr 20th 2010 at 6:58PM

Two swallows does not a summer make, but this is the second recently tuned SL65 AMG Black Series to say hello to the world – and that's more news on the car than we've had since the car's debut. Accomplished Mercedes-Benz tuner Renntech has played around with it, coming up with a hardtop coupe that shoots out 865 horsepower and 1,000 pound-feet at the crank. That's 135 more ponies and 263 more lb-ft. than the stock SL65 Black, and a crucial 5 more horsepower than the Brabus Vanish, perfect for your interdimensional travel needs.

The Renntech version gets an ECU revision, upgraded intercooler pumps and sport mufflers in a package that begins at $16,390. That doesn't include the transmission upgrade and LSD you'll probably want to go along with it. And not that there's much to see from 1,000 horses roped in place, but if the sounds turn you on, follow the jump for the video and the press release.

Gallery; http://www.autoblog.com/photos/renntech-sl65-amg-black-series/

Video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLNsNLhhRGM&feature=player_embedded

Press Release;

RENNTECH has officially taken the already potent V12 Bi-Turbo Black Series to another dimension of the supercar stratosphere. RENNTECH's been hard at work creating the most powerful yet drivable product innovations on the market for the SL65 Black Series. The objective of this performance package is to deliver substantial power improvements with minimal modifications made to the vehicle. RENNTECH's SL65 Black Series Performance Package 1 includes ECU/TCU tuning, Dual Intercooler Pump Upgrade, and Sport Mufflers. These additions create an astonishing 805 HP and 1000 LB-FT of torque at the crank! Package pricing starts at $16,390 USD for the SL65 Black Series. We also highly recommend our Transmission Upgrade and Limited Slip Differential to compliment the RENNTECH Black Series Package. Learn more about this amazing performance package as well as other RENNTECH products at RENNTECHmercedes.com

Last edited:

slow91

Car Audio Guru
Quoting crank numbers FTL.

Very cool car regardless even though it has the ride and dampening of a brick.

Fixed...just for you.....:thumbsup:

How about YOUR opinion of quality ride and dampening.... a GTI...?!

lextildeath

Ready to race!
Quoting crank numbers FTL.

Very cool car regardless even though it has the ride and damping of a brick.

Fixed-for both of you. :thumbsup:

geboost07

X20A Strike Freedom
Fixed-for both of you. :thumbsup:

LOL!!! thats a true statement!, it's already bad enough it couldnt catch traction racing the SLR, but they added another 135 horses!!! thats crazy.

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
People who drive SLs are the biggest sheep rich people in the world. I'm sorry, but the SL is the everyman's car for rich people. If I'm going to spend over 100k on a car, it's going to be on something that reflects that exclusivity such as an Aston Martin. Both of my rich uncles who know nothing about cars have SLs, it's so funny to see them driving around their areas where everyone has a Mercedes. And this Renntech one has gotta be in Ferrari price range, and you have to be COMPLETELY RETARDED to get a MB over a Ferrari unless you already have a Ferrari or the like.

^ this is a AMG not a standard SL. I agree the sl is over played but the SL65 AMG is not a sl 550. I doubt anyone compares a MB to a Ferrari even tho this SL will destroy a f430