GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retroffiting Full Matrix LED to my GOLF MK8 Style...

mageor

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello my helpful friends...Does anyone know if i could retrofit Matrix LED to my Golf MK8 Style 1.5 150hp (3/2020)? I now have the LED Plus ones with IQ Light Inscription on them...If yes, would they work as they are supposed? Would any coding be necessary? I live in Greece. Part numbers would be nice to know.

daveb15

Ready to race!
Hello my helpful friends...Does anyone know if i could retrofit Matrix LED to my Golf MK8 Style 1.5 150hp (3/2020)? I now have the LED Plus ones with IQ Light Inscription on them...If yes, would they work as they are supposed? Would any coding be necessary? I live in Greece. Part numbers would be nice to know.
I wonder if the LED plus ones have IQ inscription on them, then are they the same as the IQ lights but with out the IQ software?

Trickydickie

I am wondering that the software is in there and just needs switching on. I bet there is a lot of hidden applications. Have a look at the thread regarding the OP2eleven.

Last edited:

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I wonder if cars with LED Plus headlamps have the necessary sensors to be able to turn off / on specific LED’s within the headlamp units when other moving vehicles are detected? If not, then it’s probably a bigger job than just coding changes.

dremavec

Passed Driver's Ed
I wonder if the LED plus ones have IQ inscription on them, then are they the same as the IQ lights but with out the IQ software?
I noticed that they appear to have a cluster of LED lights with the similar pattern as for the IQ lights ... so technically a matrix pattern :) but are all just either on or off.

It can be spotted in this video that nicely demonstrates LED Plus lights (set to the correct time in the link).

YouTube: New VOLKSWAGEN Golf 8 R-Line 2021 - CRAZY LED PLUS lights & ambient lights

I believe the sensors are just the camera feed, which you would have, but the physical lights are different at least as far as turn signals go (so there are physical differences) and a software retrofit unfortunately seems unlikely (haven't seen anybody do this).

Trickydickie

My Style has the IQ headlights and auto dipping, so it has the camera in the windscreen. Due to production costs and electronics, it would make sense to build in the hardware and the switch on or off the relevant equipment depending on the model. Due to a small accident recently, I had IQ headlamp replaced. £902 for the headlamp, £150 of the headlight module (water ingress) and £600 to code. Not cheap.