GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RIP Rev

racinrabbit

Professional Wheelman
Last edited:

racinrabbit

Professional Wheelman
Yeah im definitely a Hip-Hop guy but they (with a few others) are my escape when i need a break

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Holy Shit man, WTF is going on? Seems like everyone is dying young these days... My condolences goes out to the families affected. RIP "The Rev" and Brittany Murphy

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Yea, he was only 28 years old. I was fortunate enough to see them live twice. Once after their second CD came out, and once after their 3rd. The Rev was an incredible drummer, and he made it look easy.

I find it amazing that all the members of the band have music degrees and can play multiple instruments besides their own (a lot more).

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
I remember going to there show at Chain Reaction (small local venue) when I was younger. No one even had heard about them yet. Sounding the Seventh Trumpet is a bad ass album. Sad to see a Local and a great drummer pass. Paper this morning said it was from natural causes. (Okay?)

Voices Off Camera

Ready to race!
Been a fan of A7X since Sounding the Seventh Trumpet... saddened to hear this. Although they peaked (imho) with Waking the Fallen, I still listen to them regularly.

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
I remember going to there show at Chain Reaction (small local venue) when I was younger. No one even had heard about them yet. Sounding the Seventh Trumpet is a bad ass album. Sad to see a Local and a great drummer pass. Paper this morning said it was from natural causes. (Okay?)

they played at chain? my friend's small band played there a while ago, strange to think that such a huge band started there (although most start off small)

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
they played at chain? my friend's small band played there a while ago, strange to think that such a huge band started there (although most start off small)

Yep played chain. A lot of local bands play chain. Gotta Start somewhere man. A7X is out of Huntington. Even had a thing there were you could apply to be in the Unholy Confessions Music Video, Whcih they shot in Hollywood. Think this was around 04? There used to be some brutal ass mosh pits at there shows.

Voices Off Camera

Ready to race!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXSV4WRfqvg

Probably one of there best songs and Videos. Once they signed to a major label they went down hill IMO. Just like AFI. The old days of AFI were awesome. Now when I see them Im like ???? WTF happened

It was kinda the same situation with Eighteen Visions, but they ended up breaking up. Once I saw them opening for Hinder :barf:, I knew it was over.

I admit AFI has changed quite a bit, but I guess that is to be expected with the continued evolution of the band (Davey and Jade specifically). Black Sails and the Art of Drowning are my favorites, but I like all of their stuff. At least they always mix a couple of old songs into their set...too bad most of the kids don't know the songs.

Sterling

Steel Tip
off topic. but i love going to Chain Reaction!

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
as amazing as he was, they've been out for so long, with so many fans, they will be able to easily find a drummer to replace him. It will only be a matter of if he fits their image and habits.