GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RSX-S

itsYANO

08 GTI mkV Midnight Black
uhhh.. i was reading over on s2ki forumns.. and there was a thread about RSX-S's responding well to boltons and i know they do.. but some guy is claiming his friend gained 20 WHP from a injen CAI.. i immediatly am calling bs :bs: .. but seeing as i am not a expert on the matter am i wrong or what?

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
u figure they'd expect 15% drivetrain loss...so total they would expect a 23bhp gain...is that really off from what we've seen manufacturers boast for crank gains...and for an n/a cooler air really does make a biggg difference...shit i saw an intake for the new gt500 and they were claiming 55hp gains...so more than 10% of the cars hp, if you figure it that way, this is roughly the same...and you never know how restrictive the intake was in the 1st place...

M

MCfahrenheit

i dunno i call BS.... i've done a lot with RSX-S'....

Meat

rack rack 'em

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
ROTFLMFAO.... just talked to a mod... mc08gti is being converted to mcfahrenheit

oh im so relieved we got that cleared up. thank god for the mods, right?

anyways, the 22 hp might be possible, but most likely is an exaggeration.

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
u figure they'd expect 15% drivetrain loss...so total they would expect a 23bhp gain...is that really off from what we've seen manufacturers boast for crank gains...and for an n/a cooler air really does make a biggg difference...shit i saw an intake for the new gt500 and they were claiming 55hp gains...so more than 10% of the cars hp, if you figure it that way, this is roughly the same...and you never know how restrictive the intake was in the 1st place...

Don't forget that the GT500 is forced induction and way more displacement. 55hp for an intake even on that car seems a bit much though. It must have a super quiet and restrictive intake stock.

Personally, I'd ask for a before and after dyno plot from a person (and not the company selling the intake) before I believed a thing.

itsYANO

08 GTI mkV Midnight Black
yea okay.. well thanks for reaffirming my doubts.. i guess anything is possible.. but that just seemed rediculous to the wheels from just a CAI i dunno tho..