GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sealed Intake's

Regina_Sk_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys. Looking for an intake for my CCTA TSI. Other then APR (not a carbon fiber guy) what other sealed units are out there (not a fan of the ''filter on a stick" look)

Tks.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
I don't have any pictures handy, but you could easily paint or even vinyl wrap the carbon cannisters in our single or twin intake setups. They disassemble pretty easily.

I have had multiple customers report to me that they have done it.

AdvanSuper

Banned
It's under your hood I don't see the big deal. It's not like you're wrapping your whole car in carbon fibre.

P

plac

I think the AWE is non carbon fiber. oh wait.. i guess it is..

burtomr

Go Kart Newbie
...carbon fibre is for the kids.

There are many Great Reasons to use Carbon Fiber that have nothing to do with looks:

1.) Carbon Fiber is a fabulous heat insulator, which is a good thing because your intake air path it goes near the hot engine exhaust manifold and/or radiators.

2.) Carbon Fiber is very light weight. The whole Carbonio Stage 1+2 weights less than 3 lbs, much lighter than stock or most metal intakes.

3.) The Carbonio Intake uses the stock cold air port at the front of the radiator shroud. A much better design than trying to isolate a cool area under the hood by making a box w/walls that don't seal completely.