GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Secret VW Test facility?

So, Apparently there is some secret VW testing facility in Tampa FL. Does anyone know where this is? I looked all over the web for an address but I guess its pretty secret...

Update 10/10/08
So we went there around 6ish. We get there and turn into the park next door. Then we come back pull into the parking lot and while we are doing that A Red GLI inside the place is about to leave the facility. He turns on his lights but right when he sees us through the gate he turn off his lights and backs up and the place closes all the doors etc.

We pull into the park again and decided to park our car and walk around. We do that and decide to go for round 2.

We go and pull up to the street that runs parallel to it and park our car hoping to peek above the fence. We get out and start walking towards it and all of a sudden we see 3 people from on the fence gather and start to talk. They were saying "2 kids in a grey s2000 pulled in and then left, parked in that park walked around and are somewhere in the area" They are oblivious that we are right next to them. We then introduce ourselves and they are quick to the what are you doing here motion. We respond we heard there were cool cars here. They reply "No cool cars only old cars here". I respond are you sure there aren't any audi's or volkswagen's. At that time they look at eachother and walk away without giving us any recognition at all. We are creeped out and so we decide to leave.

We leave and come back in 30 minutes or so when we see the red GLI leaving. We start to follow him from a distance and he realizes we are following him. He turns off his lights and starts going WOT. We go WOT and start chasing him. He goes for a fake u turn and we end up catching that he wasnt going for a u turn at all and so fake him out and he budges. We are chasing him for another 5 minutes where he turns into this amscot parking lot with a whole other bunch of building. He is weaving throughout the parking lot and we decided to let him go.

This was NUTS!!! We were so filled with adrenaline and such.

Update 10/11/08
:So we decide to go back again today in our manatee mobile. It was Josh, Andrew and I. So we stroll up and immediatly pull up to the park. We get out and get a football out so it looks "legit." A bug strolls into the gate and then a scion xb. So we decide to see if we can cut through the woods to get a closer look. No luck. So we go on the side but from a different angle. And I spot a Q5 in the back. We couldnt get any clear shots of it. It was white. There were a whole bunch of eos's and jettta's.

So we decide to go to the other side. Josh climbs the fence and takes pictures of the lot and such. I will post them when i get them since the camera was andrews. It was mostly Q7's. I believe there was a TT-RS I am not sure though. So we get bored and walk back to my car and decide to go one clean sweep. We pull on this side street and my friend is driving my manatee. I put a mask on and jump out of my car via sunroof and stand on the roof so i can get clear shots. I started taking pics there were mostly just Q7's and a routan and such outside. Inside though There was some agressive looking vw hatch. Couldnt really tell and a new A8. Really its hard to tell from the pictures. But next week we are bringing a step stool lol :)
That is all

Last edited:

StrangeUsername

SOCOM: Confrontation FTW
123 Fake Street
Tampa, FL

realFAST

Stage 1 here I come
My old (had problems with them) VW dealership is also a Honda Dealership and that is why I drive an hour instead of 15 minutes to go to a Porsche, Audi, and VW dealership in Sarasota.

Meat

rack rack 'em
Ask SloppySRT, I hear he knows where it is.

-wiretap-

hax0r
When I was down in Florida for business a few months ago, I helped setup their cisco equipment on the "secret site". Due to contracts that are still in effect, I cannot disclose that location.

-wiretap-

hax0r
no, rofl :bellyroll:
(I was in FL doing business setting up Cisco stuff though.)

Genome

Hippest Teacher. Ever.
here's what your looking for.

TRANSWORLD QUALITY ENGINEERING SERVICES INC. The exact address

> > 4811 W. Sligh Ave.
> > Tampa, Fl. 33614
> > (located just west of Leto High School)

thats the title they go under I guess? I just used Google.

could be totally wrong and the address could be some random place. Never hurts though, what does Google Earth show?