GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Seeking a '18-'20 GTI w/ Driver Assist owner in Central Florida

70by7

Car(s)
Future GTI owner
Hi all,

I'm looking for a 2018-2020 GTI w/ Driver Assist to use for a short road test of a product called the Comma 3. I can compensate you for the time if you prefer. I strongly prefer you are in Central Florida, but I am willing to drive up to 3 hours from St Petersburg, FL.

To explain, I plan to purchase a GTI. However, it's essential to me that the car I purchase works well with the Comma 3, and I haven't gotten an impression of it on the GTI yet.

The ask would be as follows:
1. I [non-permanently] install the Comma 3 [YouTube of install]
2. We drive a short loop on freeway and some stop and go traffic
3. We evaluate the performance of the Comma autopilot
4. I uninstall the device

The main objections you may have:
1. Can this damage my car? A: It's *possible* I could break some interior clips for the ADAS camera housing shown in the YouTube video above. If this happens, I'll get it fixed for you. I do not think this would happen.
2. I don't want a stranger to crash my car. A: It's not imperative I drive. You can drive as long as you're willing to use the Comma 3 for me while I observe.
3. The autopilot will crash my car. A: It's like Tesla autopilot. You have to nanny it, but it won't run amok if you're not doing silly things.

Thanks in advance!

yeahforbes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R DSG
Hey, did you ever get a chance to try it? I've been interested in comma.ai / OpenPilot for quite some time, but haven't gotten around to purchasing anything yet.