GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Selling Textbooks Online

MKvUltra

I'm chasing perfection
So, the new school semester has started and I have no use for all of my old textbooks. A friend of mine referred me to Amazon.com to sell my books used, I created a seller account and listed all of my books yesterday evening along with all of my buddy's textbooks too. I listed 15 books and within 10 minutes of listing them I had already sold 9 of them for around $600. So this morning I decided to check the account and I had sold 3 more books too. Keep in mind the books I was selling were not able to be bought back by the college I was attending for some odd reason, so they were basically worth nothing to me. The only downside to this was that amazon took around $100 commission for selling all of the books so far, which is fine by me. This has put alot of money in my pocket, which could be used for mod money :biggrin: or credit card bills...which is probably what I am doing. So if you have any old textbooks sitting around throw them up for sale because this week is the best time of the year to sell them :biggrin:

fiji

Passed Driver's Ed
+1 for Amazon. I always see everyone run to the bookstore to sell their books back for a fraction of what they paid for them after the semester is over. But if you can wait till the beginning of the next semester and sell them online you get way more for them, even after you factor in the Amazon commission.

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
^Yea, my college bookstore absolutely robs us with their buyback prices.
I'll definitely check out Amazon. :w00t:

MKvUltra

I'm chasing perfection
CSUN is the college I am attending... I sold all 15 books in less than 10 hours :biggrin: I have so much money in my account now Bahahahaa Amazon rocks!!!!!!!!!

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Man, I wish I could sell my books. I have to keep them for because I actually use them after the quarter ends. :frown:

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
Very lucky.

Rather than making money by selling, I'm actually placing an order for this semester's books right now - $457.25 for three courses. Haven't even gotten the list for my other two yet. :frown:

JhnR

Banned
CSUN?

so are you driving everyday there? or youre gonna stay on the campus?

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I don't ever buy books for school. (Ok well I have bought a few books that I actually liked, but thats rare.)

It is the policy here at my University that if the text is used in a class it must be on reserve at the library. So if I need to read a chapter or do research or whatnot I go to the Library. It actually helps me get motivated to work if I get out of my apartment. If I stay around I just play video games or find something social to do.

MKvUltra

I'm chasing perfection
CSUN?

so are you driving everyday there? or youre gonna stay on the campus?

No I only go to school on tuesdays and thursdays.... I go with my friend who has the exact same classes and we each drive once a week

GTIxpinay

dirty pirate hooker
i put my books on facebook marketplace last year, i FINALLY got responses this year before the semester started.

atleast facebook doesnt take any of the money from me.

but its not as successful as amazon

MKvUltra

I'm chasing perfection
true, true Amazon takes around 15% of the selling price and then you add shipping on the bill... and fortunately for me I get free shipping so I could care less about 3 bucks

SBmkfif

Ready to race!
dude i buy all my books off amazon they're usually half off list at the bookstore and always in good condition. even 20-30% off the used books at the bookstore and those used ones are trashed. i just hate when the teacher writes the book then they usually dont take them back.

oh Ryan i'm making an account right now HA got like 10 books chillin that i dont use. some $160... and my school just changed their buyback policy you need to bring in your schedule to show that you dropped the class for them to buy back the book WTF is that bullshit. you still need the reciept so its not like people are stealing books to return at new.

SBmkfif

Ready to race!
oh my school also has the book in the library policy as well i usually check out my chem book and do my work there. only downside is you only get the book for an hour and at the end of the semester its not always available but there usually is a couple copys of some books.