GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Service campaign 10H9 to fit the engine compartment cover that was removed via campaign 10H5

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
In Germany it seems the latest Golf 8 GTI/R coming out of the factory have the new engine cover installed. Also in the last week those with the 10H9 recall are getting the new cover installed.
Here are some photos of the 2 engine covers listed in the recall.
On the left side of each photo you have the part number 06Q103925L (less then 180KW) and on the right you have 06Q103925N (180KW or more):

Cover-1.jpgCover-2.jpgCover-3.jpg

waynemad

Just picked up 2023 Mk. No engine cover. The recall 10H9 only applies to less than 180kW which is 241 HP so no luck in North AMerica

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Just picked up 2023 Mk. No engine cover. The recall 10H9 only applies to less than 180kW which is 241 HP so no luck in North AMerica
10H9 applies to any cars regardless of power output, that had the cover removed under the previous campaign, this should apply regardless of region, my 180kw GTI (UK) has just had the new cover ordered by my dealer, it will be the one pictured on the right in one of the posts above, 180kw and above will have a hard plastic cover instead of the old foam one, those below 180kw will still have a foam cover, but with improved fixing points, there was someone in the UK over on another forum yesterday, who collected their new cover for a 180kw GTI, they confirmed it to be the hard plastic variant, their picture is below.

Attachments

• IMG_3110.jpeg
    IMG_3110.jpeg
    351 KB · Views: 1,296

waynemad

10H9 applies to any cars regardless of power output, that had the cover removed under the previous campaign, this should apply regardless of region, my 180kw GTI (UK) has just had the new cover ordered by my dealer, it will be the one pictured on the right in one of the posts above, 180kw and above will have a hard plastic cover instead of the old foam one, those below 180kw will still have a foam cover, but with improved fixing points, there was someone in the UK over on another forum yesterday, who collected their new cover for a 180kw GTI, they confirmed it to be the hard plastic variant, their picture is below.
We can only hope but 10H9 does not apply to Canada as I have searched the recalls by VIN of my 2023 GTI and it is not listed by VW Canada or Transport Canada. Nor is my dealer aware of it. Not sure about the US but they are usually similar. Perhaps someone from the US can comment as they can do a search on NHTSA by VIN. If anyone has a copy of 10H9 please post. As this is not a safety issue, NA may just ignore to save the cost. There is nothing in the legislation to force them to execute.

CH47AV8R

We can only hope but 10H9 does not apply to Canada as I have searched the recalls by VIN of my 2023 GTI and it is not listed by VW Canada or Transport Canada. Nor is my dealer aware of it. Not sure about the US but they are usually similar. Perhaps someone from the US can comment as they can do a search on NHTSA by VIN. If anyone has a copy of 10H9 please post. As this is not a safety issue, NA may just ignore to save the cost. There is nothing in the legislation to force them to execute.
As discussed, samsies in yankee land.

waynemad

Thanks for the conformation. Will probably by the USP cover. THe COBB looks better but taking it off every time you need to add/change oil is a pain f.or the dealer and me post warranty. Also I expect that the rubber "sockets" that the mounting posts fit into will harden over time. so problems with removal/refit. I may be wrong but not going to take the chance as I keep my cars 8-10 years.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
It applies to all 2.0 tsi mk8 golf models, below 180kw get a revised foam cover, 180kw and above get a hard plastic cover of the same design, had the hard plastic version fitted to my GTI yesterday.