GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shift Knobs

JL33T

Ready to race!
Anyone have the urotuning knob? I believe it’s a rebranded sportshifters knob. So should ship from us and lower cost. Wondering if I can get one of those and just a different coin from Roy?

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Looks great, hope you get it soon. I laughed when I ordered something from Italy on Monday and got it this Thursday. Something else in the mail from France now.
I am intrigued by the new Euro stuff you are getting...
Funny how SS, your Italian shipment and probably the one from France are all quicker than ECS!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Anyone have the urotuning knob? I believe it’s a rebranded sportshifters knob. So should ship from us and lower cost. Wondering if I can get one of those and just a different coin from Roy?
It’s not a rebrand, Roy’s has worked with them as a collaboration. It’s still engraved with urotuning, what would you even look to save when Doing that?

JL33T

Ready to race!
It’s not a rebrand, Roy’s has worked with them as a collaboration. It’s still engraved with urotuning, what would you even look to save when Doing that?
They collaborated on it meaning what? Is it the same thing he sells? Do you own one?

I would look to save on.. oh I don’t know, how about the time and cost of shipping from the Netherlands and avoiding customs.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
They collaborated on it meaning what? Is it the same thing he sells? Do you own one?

I would look to save on.. oh I don’t know, how about the time and cost of shipping from the Netherlands and avoiding customs.
You won't pay import duties on a SportShifter knob. Shipping shouldn't be bad right now, things have been showing up quickly from the EU recently.

Remember that EU prices include VAT of 20% that you'll get deducted, so that generally more than covers their shipping costs and export duties. I frequently buy cycling things from Europe and it's frequently cheaper than getting them from the States.

JL33T

Ready to race!
^ good to know

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

Meaning it’s a Urotuning Edition sportshifter. Urotuning commissioned Roy to make them as a special edition Specific to urotuning and only sold through urotuning, it’s not a rebrand.

yeah I got a shifter from Roy back in November and have been working With him on a custom trim ring and boot for my car, during our exchanges he has discussed the urotuning project.

JL33T

Ready to race!
A general install video is up on urotuning’s website.

It’s a sportshifter knob with urotuning branding on it. Call it what you want.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
My sportshifters is being delivered today. Is there a good install tutorial out there?

Ha mine is always being delivered today

patrick_b

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT
99E471C5-7810-494E-9945-57258A361B8F.jpeg

As expected, the hardest part was removing the old knob from the boot. Sad to report that the bracket did not survive unscathed.

Love the feel and weight of the Sportshifters knob. Glad I went with this one. Just over two weeks from order to delivery. Quality is fantastic.

Last edited: