GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shizzle.

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
I got a speeding ticket. 55 in a 40. Arse. I'm going to see what I can do to get it fixed. When I asked the cop to cut me some slack, he asked "have you seen your driving record? I see like 8 things, suspensions, tickets and all". Now, I've never had a suspended liscence, and only gotten 2 other tickets. Ka-ka

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
NorthGTI said:
So where you doing 55 in a 40 or not? I speed too, but take my medicine when I get caught.

Probably not. The cop was going in the other direction and I'm not exactly sure how accurate those readings could be if he's not stationary. I wasn't really looking at my speedometer, but the road was telling me that I wasn't going 55.

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
Trust me, as someone who has a less than perfect driving record, his readings are accurate. The radar system factors in the speed of the patrol car. I've watched people try to use that defense in court with NO success.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
:rolleyes: you'll get used to tickets while using the GTI

MKBoulder

Ready to race!
"other hatchbacks"

the_saint said:
That means that your speedometer must have read 60~something?
You get no pity from me.

You would be pretty bang on at 60... 60kmh

I know its pretty hard for owners of "other hatchbacks" to comprehend what VW have done with this exquisite machine !

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
I have a radar detector in my subaru currently. The biggest mistake I see people make with radar detectors is they put it in their car and think "woooooooo i can do 100mph and not have to worry". Problem is, most intelligent cops dont just sit there with their radar gun on constantly. They pic a target and beam at it. So if you're on the road doing 100mph, and there is no car in front of you, guess what, you're not gonna pick it up cause he's not using it on anything, until he sees you go by. Which inevitably leads to a nice hefty ticket.

You still need to use your brain about it. Mine has saved me numerous times, but not from doing 100mph in a 60. more like 75 in a 60. They're a great addition to the car and help up your chances of speeding successfully, but they're far from fullproof.

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
I might just pick one up. I know, tickets happen, and I picked up my driving record today. I have 3 past offenses, no suspensions. Not even close to 8. I've only had two past tickets. Bleh.

excal06

Autocross Champion
What kind of radar detector are you using? I'm thinking to get Solo S2, but I dunno how good is the performance of a wireless detector.

dwl137 said:
I have a radar detector in my subaru currently. The biggest mistake I see people make with radar detectors is they put it in their car and think "woooooooo i can do 100mph and not have to worry". Problem is, most intelligent cops dont just sit there with their radar gun on constantly. They pic a target and beam at it. So if you're on the road doing 100mph, and there is no car in front of you, guess what, you're not gonna pick it up cause he's not using it on anything, until he sees you go by. Which inevitably leads to a nice hefty ticket.

You still need to use your brain about it. Mine has saved me numerous times, but not from doing 100mph in a 60. more like 75 in a 60. They're a great addition to the car and help up your chances of speeding successfully, but they're far from fullproof.

griss1310

Touring Car Champion
I use Valentine 1. I will never use anything else. The directional arrows are incredible