GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should I bother with a DSG service

NotSoShadyyy

Bought a 2013 mk6 GTI used, completely stock with 90k miles. Runs ok for the most part with the exception of a small 'jolt' or 'hiccup' when I'm gassing it and it shifts gears. Doesn't happen often but it does. Previous owner never did a DSG transmission fluid service and I'm wondering if I should do it or am I just better off leaving it to avoid causing more problems.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
do the dsg service. Not doing it would potentially cause more problems long term.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Bought a 2013 mk6 GTI used, completely stock with 90k miles. Runs ok for the most part with the exception of a small 'jolt' or 'hiccup' when I'm gassing it and it shifts gears. Doesn't happen often but it does. Previous owner never did a DSG transmission fluid service and I'm wondering if I should do it or am I just better off leaving it to avoid causing more problems.
all fluids should be changed at the correct intervals. Applies for any/all vehicles

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
no such thing as 'lifetime' fluids.... nothing lasts forever... what makes anyone think FLUIDS will last forever.... >_>

TroyBoy

Go Kart Newbie
Definitely want to service the DSG, these are high performance transmissions that need all the love they can get. Even service it before the recommended intervals

raincityvw

brother- stock or modded its the same when comes to dsg. do your vw a yourself a favour and get it done sooner than later. It's really not that hard to do yourself its gravity fed but you will need a device to measure the internal temp. or can go outside and get it done. now saying this I didn't do myself as I found a local shop whom did the service for 140$ Canadian so 100$ usd. The only reason didn't do myself as this was a stellar deal, and 4 blocks from home. Now saying this the same shop wanted 120$ for an oil change.roffl. hope this helps in your decision making.