GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

shout box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObeyMyFast!

^Who I am...What I say->
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

(That was my shout)

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance

TDi Learner

Driving INstructor
I am a donating member on another forum and we have the shout/chat box and it is a great tool, not everyone on there has access, just a select number of people that have donated AUD$20+ to the forum.

We are also given an inbox limit of 1000 instead of 50, a larger photo allowance, email (Username@forumname.com.au) and a special donating members forum bit

Could be a good idea on here, ofcourse i'd love to be in on it..

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
I'd throw $20 to the site if it had those features and maybe a special forum for those who have donated as well as some form of tag or title that showed you are a supporter.

TDi Learner

Driving INstructor
I'd throw $20 to the site if it had those features and maybe a special forum for those who have donated as well as some form of tag or title that showed you are a supporter.

The email is for people donating $30+ AU

I think also there was talk of a website for the $30 members. (so it'd be username.forumname.com.au)

We get tonns of benifits really as donating.

Sig lengths are usually 250, donating is 1000, normal members get no sig images, donating gets animated sig images if they want, also a green name in bold as apposed to the standard blue one, it also shows that your a semi-reliable source of information to newer members. ill try to hunt down the thread for donating on that forum

TDi Learner

Driving INstructor
Here it is:

At present current members or as I like to call them 'Registered - Full Members' of 3 months and with a minimum of 20 posts have the following abilities:

* 25meg in attachments.
* 100 Private messages (PM's).
* Profile pictures can be a maximum of 100x100 pixels and up to 64kb in size.
* Avatar pictures can be a maximum of 100x100 pixels and up to 20kb in size.
* No signature images nor animations are permitted.

With any donation of $20 will not only give you a warm fuzzy feeling that you're helping the site but give you the following:

* 50meg in attachments.
* 1000 Private messages (PM's).
* Profile pictures can be a maximum of 300x300 pixels and up to 150kb in size.
* Avatar pictures can be a maximum of 200x100 pixels and up to 120kb in size.
* Signature images can be uploaded and be animated to your hearts content.

Any donation beyond $30 and over will get as listed above plus the following:

* Your very own membername@forumname.com.au email address, to start off with 50meg space although once we move to our own dedicated this will be much higher, exact figure is unknown. You can make use as you would your 'normal' ISP account through Outlook, Thunderbird etc basically any mail application which supports POP3 / SMTP services and/or if you wish there is webmail available.
* Alternatively to the above you may elect an email alias instead which simply forwards to a preferred destination ie hotmail, yahoo or ISP email address.
* 25MB Web space ie username.forumname.com.au which can be used for anything legal, promoting your car, hobbies, heck skies the limit really.

Ive blocked out the name of the forum as im not 100% sure on your rules regarding other forums reference

s4mt3k

binary four

Also if we pay then a higher quality moderation needs to be in place.

If I have to pay/donate for extra features I'm gone :lol:... Besides APR should have donated enough when they bash everyone and have paid enough into this site to keep it running for another 5 years.

lol

dustinwark

Miesian
I would pay for extra features, I am a "supporting member" on 3 other forums (yeah I know, no life) However for the people that would be worried about paying; the site would essentially be the same, but if you pay, you will get extra features. A sticker with purchase would also be nice.

shoutbox here would suck because there are so many people

Last edited:

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
lol QUe??? haha what happened there bud, I have no idea what you said

lol I had to reread it several times.

He is saying, that people shouldn't worry about having to pay if they don't want to because the site would essentially stay the same for them. You just get more if you pony up.

Status
Not open for further replies.