GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So many ad threads on the forum...

clownish

just clowning around
At least some vendors like VMR post different great looking pictures of their products that are user-rides or other people's cars, not just the same car with the same wheels in the same picture in 12 threads.

This type of posting is disrespectful to the entire forum. And when using Tapatalk, all you see is a wall of spam threads without any of the content that makes coming to a forum like this valuable.

ghotch

MKVI Owner
That's how they pay the bills dude....

Merkle

Banned
Advertisers are allowed X amount of posts a day. They are allowed to use them to answer questions, or promote products, or bump threads. I've seen that too, many times, but they're following the rules set down by the admins.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
It happens when you click "New Posts" and vendors happened to bump or update their threads. Happens on every forum I am or have been a part of.

Annoying, yes. Do I understand, yes. Can I avoid it, yes - by clicking into a particular forum and not using the "New Posts" feature.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
the ads on this forum i dont have to click on, so i can avoid them if i want to.

now these ads in car mags are annoying.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Free internet forums will all be like this. If you and many others start donating regularly to the owners, then the vendor posts might tone down. But if people can't or won't do that, then just enjoy the free useful forum as is.

clownish

just clowning around
The difference is making ad threads that are helpful, contain valuable content, and have some interesting product shots vs. just cutting and pasting identical content in threads everywhere possible. That's what's annoying, not the fact that they're advertising, but its garbage advertising vs. real advertising. In what world does posting essentially, "buy my stuff" a dozen times work to actually garner sales?

I have no problem whatsoever donating a few bucks when this forum has helped me spend thousands...

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
having vendors on a forum can create a different customer interaction than just ordering off a website. they can answer questions, relay new information and let us know about upcoming sales. for example the neuspeed ic thread, there is lots of positive feedback in that thread with a great sales history, so it makes it easy for a new person to feel welcome to inquire about that product. its kinda like the feedback thing on amazon but a little better. we buy the products, test them and provide feedback. we've had some great vendors and some bad ones too. im sure we've all bought some part from this forum at one point. i know i have.

clownish

just clowning around
having vendors on a forum can create a different customer interaction than just ordering off a website. they can answer questions, relay new information and let us know about upcoming sales. for example the neuspeed ic thread, there is lots of positive feedback in that thread with a great sales history, so it makes it easy for a new person to feel welcome to inquire about that product. its kinda like the feedback thing on amazon but a little better. we buy the products, test them and provide feedback. we've had some great vendors and some bad ones too. im sure we've all bought some part from this forum at one point. i know i have.

Word. Good point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
ClubRSX was one of the best examples. They had a store built into the site that was self supporting. No ads or sponsor nonsense.