GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So my Buyback Offer just arrived, time to get serious about what to buy...

Uberryan

Banned
Bu ya Vette.

They have so long of gears its ridiculous. My buddy has a ZR1 and it hits 69 in 1st gear.

I would, but insurance is killer, and so is upkeep. Plus I'm tall, and I don't want to have to squeeze in and out every time. Backseats are nice to have as well.

I'd be down for a GT with a supercharger, but the mileage, which is slightly lower than what I currently get with the stage 2 GTI on a stock mustang is almost halved by that supercharger. Turbo would be a better option, but the kits are rarely put on by reputable dealers with any sort of warranty intact.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I would, but insurance is killer, and so is upkeep. Plus I'm tall, and I don't want to have to squeeze in and out every time. Backseats are nice to have as well.

I'd be down for a GT with a supercharger, but the mileage, which is slightly lower than what I currently get with the stage 2 GTI on a stock mustang is almost halved by that supercharger. Turbo would be a better option, but the kits are rarely put on by reputable dealers with any sort of warranty intact.
yeah 6'5" is pretty call my friend is 6' and im 6' and we both fit in the vette fine.. but i dunno about another 5" lol. Plus they are suppppeer low.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
If you want the displacement, buy like a 2006-08 M5. You can find them for decent mileage and price and have a few grand left to get it the way you want. Plus you get that soul shaking sound . . . glorious.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Why not a 2016 WRX? The new ones are pretty luxurious for a subaru, pretty quick, get about 30mpg, and retain their value at a ridiculous level.

Uberryan

Banned
Why not a 2016 WRX? The new ones are pretty luxurious for a subaru, pretty quick, get about 30mpg, and retain their value at a ridiculous level.

I dunno about that 20 year old engine though, not to mention to get real power out of it, you need to upgrade internals and do a significant amount more work than modding a GTI. Lol. I have slowly taken over this thread.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
I dunno about that 20 year old engine though, not to mention to get real power out of it, you need to upgrade internals and do a significant amount more work than modding a GTI. Lol. I have slowly taken over this thread.

Your info is outdated lol. The new engines in the wrx are a 2.0 turbo. IIRC, they don't need upgraded intervals for power. The older engines made over 400whp on stock internals too.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
I think I'd be more interested in the 2.5t in the STi but we'll see. Stage 2 tune barely gets it to 345hp.

Those STIs are to kill for. Can't go wrong there!

zrickety

The Fixer
The new Chevy Bolt is actually a decent Tesla competitor.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

Your info is outdated lol. The new engines in the wrx are a 2.0 turbo. IIRC, they don't need upgraded intervals for power. The older engines made over 400whp on stock internals too.

This they updated the WRX engine in like 2013 or something. I remember reading about it and they were wondering what they were gonna do with the STI engine as they had not updated it yet and the WRX was coming in after tuned well past STI territory

Then again the WRX was basiaclly the same motor but a smaller intercooler and a bigger turbo. Made no sense to use a smaller turbo on the STI like they did

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
You guys are hilarious :D

If the Model 3 were going to be out before i sell back I'd definitely be on board for one. But my commute is too long for most electrics to be trusted to make the drive reliably. I was considering the Bolt as well, but I want to take a look at one first.

Right now, this is my primary choice if it's condition is solid:

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
You guys are hilarious :D

If the Model 3 were going to be out before i sell back I'd definitely be on board for one. But my commute is too long for most electrics to be trusted to make the drive reliably. I was considering the Bolt as well, but I want to take a look at one first.

Right now, this is my primary choice if it's condition is solid:

Good choice - I'm a BMW fan myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk