GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So now that my GTI is totaled, time to move on.

GoliathRage

Go Kart Champion
e92 335i

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I believe member 2013R is looking to sell his GTI... You're not too far away.

DDKing13

Ready to race!
So the other day on my way home from work, I saw a matte pearl white mk7 GTI.

Let's just say, the mk7 looks a lot different in person. :drool:
It's still probably a little outside of my price range though. lol

adolan21

Ready to race!
Anybody familiar with 2011 A3's? Common issues, things to look out for, etc?

GK is your man he has a 2011 A3.

Im 6'1" and I had a hard time with headroom and the legroom in the back wasn't the greatest. I test drove a 2008 with the 3.2L VR6 which sounded amazing but the DSG in that car was so jerky it was terrible (was probably definitely that car). Other than that it felt like a solid car. The interior was pretty nice but it's a little bit of a step back from the MK6 GTI since it's built on the MKV platform.

DDKing13

Ready to race!

Im 6'1" and I had a hard time with headroom and the legroom in the back wasn't the greatest. I test drove a 2008 with the 3.2L VR6 which sounded amazing but the DSG in that car was so jerky it was terrible (was probably definitely that car). Other than that it felt like a solid car. The interior was pretty nice but it's a little bit of a step back from the MK6 GTI since it's built on the MKV platform.

Luckily, the one i'm looking at is manual. Cuz if the DSG maintenance is that high for VW, I can only imagine how high it is for Audi lol.

And yeah looking at pictures of the interior, it does look a step back from the GTI, even in the 2011 A3.

But as far as reliability, I think the 2011 A3 is pretty good, considering its the second to last year of that generation. So all of the kinks have been worked out by that year.

Now it's just a matter of making up my mind on what I want. Im actually considering the new Mazda 3 now. That thing looks pretty sweet. And for that price?!? :clap:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion

Nope his was 2011 which is only the 2.0t just like our cars

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Luckily, the one i'm looking at is manual. Cuz if the DSG maintenance is that high for VW, I can only imagine how high it is for Audi lol.

And yeah looking at pictures of the interior, it does look a step back from the GTI, even in the 2011 A3.

But as far as reliability, I think the 2011 A3 is pretty good, considering its the second to last year of that generation. So all of the kinks have been worked out by that year.

Now it's just a matter of making up my mind on what I want. Im actually considering the new Mazda 3 now. That thing looks pretty sweet. And for that price?!? :clap:

Helluva car from everything that's been written about it.