GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, the bank made me put my account # on coin rolls before depositing them

TZSGTI

Ready to race!
The banks that i have gone too required the same. The only thing is that there was no way i wasn't missing a Pennie or two. I wonder why they didn't subtract it from my account.

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
stop putting your account numbers on your rolled coins people. I'm gonna have to start going to your banks and getting me some extra money then lol. Ask for another type of number to put on there that associates your account to you.
Scenario - I go into a Bank of America in LA. I get a roll of coins with a an account number on it. All i do is ask to open a checking account and ask for a check which will show my that banks routing number. With a routing number and the account number of someone else, it's shopping time lol.

Really? You think when you deposit rolls of coins that they actually stay in those rolls? C'mon. Like the bank is just going to assume that everything in that roll of coins is, in fact, a coin? If thats the case, I'll be stocking up on 1" washers tomorrow.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
rolled coins? my bank has a free coin counter in the lobby and it prints out how much you had then you can cash the receipt with a teller.

:word:
My bank has that too, for free!! I love it because I don't have to count coins, I just drop it in that counter and it is automatically deposited in to my account. I have a credit union, do you?

They have those coin counters at like Ralph's or Vons (grocery store) but they charge like five percent. I love my credit union.:thumbsup:

Really? You think when you deposit rolls of coins that they actually stay in those rolls? C'mon. Like the bank is just going to assume that everything in that roll of coins is, in fact, a coin? If thats the case, I'll be stocking up on 1" washers tomorrow.

I agree. I think the reason your account number is in there is just in case you don't have a full amount of coins in your roll.

My bank actually does not accept rolled up coins any more. I came in one day with coins rolled up, and they asked me to loosen them and use the auto coin counter. It was such a pain, and I wasted time counting and rolling up my coins.:thumbdown:

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
Yeah, we've got one of those too. I've got this huge urn thing that I take down to the bank once a year before I go Christmas shopping.

smashingpimp01

Back on L.I.
Bank does keep it in the rolls. They put it in a coin vault. It's not usually worth it to ship the coins out to the FED so they just keep them inhouse until
1) A teller needs them for their drawer
2) A customer asks for it
Many a time when i was a teller i would open up a roll of quarters a couple of months after someone deposited it and it would be a couple of quarters short. Unless i could deduct the amount from the customer's account, i would have to have my drawer short that day.
Bankers don't usually have time to count every roll of coin that comes in so you could stock up on washers all you want but it'll only make you a couple of bucks until they realize it's short a couple of weeks later.

vdubya 6

cant spell or tipe!
you dont have to mave an account at a bank to use there coin machine...... you dont have to roll them or ne thing...... go to commerce/(a.k.a TD) bank and put it in the machine !!!! its free and you dont have to spend hours rolling them