GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Someone just...

inc55

Go Kart Champion
Some asshole in a crappy accord with a scratched up bumper just scratched the shit out of my front bumper. Given I didn't see her, the spot is so tight that it had to be her. Plus the scratch matches where her bumper is. I'm sitting in my car wondering what I should do. What are my options? She chipped away on the paint. How much does something like this cost to fix?

I know it's a female because of how close the seat is to the steering wheel. 10 mins before she parked the spot was empty.

Last edited:

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
go drop a deuce right on the middle of her hood :laugh:

that really sucks though, I'm not sure of what method is best other than getting touch up paint matched to your color. I have some I got for the rock chip marks I've got on my front end but I haven't used it yet.

JewFro

Ready to race!
You're still there waiting? Hell, you might as well wait for her to come back to the car depending on what type of place it is.

I'd have looked for paint transfer and compare damage between yours and hers and then called the po-po.

josuar88

Ready to race!
It could have been worse you could have slid at a mere 15mph into a concrete barrier coming home from what was a good night at a comedy club like me

BS2H

Ready to race!
Could have been a midget. Oops.. I mean little person. But yeah man, she needs to PAY!

Thumper

Autocross Champion
The police come out for that there? They pretty much refuse to get involved on private property unless there is an injury or a crime out here (had one where our insured got mad at another driver, hit the other car with their car in a parking lot, then got out and started beating the heck out of it with a bat...LOL.....cops came for THAT. :) )

As to cost, depending on local labor rate, entire cover has to come off, completely detrimmed, be sanded at the damage, filler, primer, repainted and then re-installed.

Figure at least 2-3 hours of body labor, 3 hours paint time. So, around 5-6 hours labor and about $90-140 in paint and materials.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Taking a dump on her hood AND lighting it on fire is the best possible solution to this quite shitty problem.

:evil:

:lol:

inc55

Go Kart Champion
Well the cops came and pretty much were useless. I don't even know why I bothered to call them. Anyways, since I am not 100% sure it was this person I cant do anything about it like break their side mirrors. I left a note and hopefully this person has a heart. I'm gonna have to invent some kind of waterproof bumper protection. There is no red paint on her bumper. Could this be because I waxed my car 4 days ago?

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
The police come out for that there? They pretty much refuse to get involved on private property unless there is an injury or a crime out here (had one where our insured got mad at another driver, hit the other car with their car in a parking lot, then got out and started beating the heck out of it with a bat...LOL.....cops came for THAT. :) )

:laugh: I love Sacramento cops, as long as you don't drive like an asshole they won't fuck with you at all despite having a fast car (yes GTI IS FAST!). I lived in this shitty town called Midland in Michigan before coming here and cops would follow me for no reason all the time just hoping I'd slip up.