GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Soylent? Anyone here try this?

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Finally got a shipment in and I'm sort of liking it. Totes shot in the dark but anyone else use this on the reg? Curious to see what effects it had on you.

jwal

Ready to race!
Why I might ask? Are you using this as your sole source of food? Sounds pretty miserable if you ask me. I would not want to live off the protein shakes I take everyday (Yes I understand Soylent is food substation).

WAP

Go Kart Champion
SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
What is Soylent?

zrickety

The Fixer

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Renetto from YouTube lives on it, it was in a few of his videos.

WAP

Go Kart Champion

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Looks wretched...

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Ballz.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Renetto from YouTube lives on it, it was in a few of his videos.

Thanks bruh! I'll look him up

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Why I might ask? Are you using this as your sole source of food? Sounds pretty miserable if you ask me. I would not want to live off the protein shakes I take everyday (Yes I understand Soylent is food substation).

Not sole source yet, they suggest weening yourself onto it, so I only do it for 1 meal right now but eventually it would be nice to get to where thats all I have for most meals. I'd still eat socially or when out doing things for a day just eat whatever.

Just seems like a good idea, I don't really uh...live to eat I guess? I'm not a foodie at all and sometimes its just nice to pour a glass of soylent, chug, and move on with my day without spending time figuring out what to eat, making it or going to get it, then eating it.

Plus when I do eat its usually not food that's good for you, so I'm totes not getting my daily nutrition and with soylent that helps me. I've heard people had some healthy weight loss on it, poop less, sounds good to me?

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Shini

Go Kart Champion
What is Soylent?

Think of only drinking everything you'd need to live. All your nutrition, like vitamins, protein, etc etc all from just drinking a mixture of some powder and a small thing of oil you mixed with water.

Sort of like a super food I guess, it's all you need to "eat".

Started out as a thing to help starving kids in third world counties, but it's sort of been adopted by other people. I think a lot of coders use it from what I've read. 1 minute to pour and drink, then back to coding, so a lot of them use it to just save time to have more time to code.

I just want to do it because I really don't give a shit about what I eat most of the time (meaning I don't go to lunch at work/dinner thinking "Oh man I'm really craving ___!) and most of the stuff I eat is junky fast food.

So for me it's time saving, more me time on lunch, so I can like, rub one out in my car instead of driving around getting something to munch on, score. I eat "better" and will hopefully lose some weight, score. I poop less because most of what soylent is, is absorbed by your body so there's not much waste left over, score.

Only problem is, it's a little chalky so your mouth isn't all about that, it does have a weird smell to it, taste is pretty non-descript, and it can be mixed with a lot of things to give it flavor, it's designed that way so whatever you mix it with it'll over power whatever natural taste soylent has which is good, but once you make it, it only lasts 2-3 days, so unless you're super religious about drinking it some it can go to waste. And it's also become super popular so I had to wait, idk, 3-4 months to get my first batch? I didn't wanna sign up for a subscription for it (those orders get priority while they try to meet demand) so it's hard to get ahold of, just wanted input from others that might have used it longer before I pull the trigger and get serious about it.

Also, it ends up being like 3-4 bucks a meal on average, so it's cheap as shit too.

Last edited: