GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Squeaky Drivers Seat!! (Driving me bonkers!!!!)

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
guys i dont know if this means anything

but while sitting in my car lastnight after i washed it i kinda rocked sideways a couple of times and i heard a "squeak"...well after rocking back and forth acouple more times i discovered that the seat was rubbing up againest the center console and everytime i moved it squeaked....so what i did is stuck my hand between the bolster and the console and rocked sideways again...no squeak

u all might wanna check it out and see if thats your problem

oh and btw these are leather seats im talking about

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
My driver seat started "clicking" on acceleration and braking a short while after I got the car. I don't know if the creak sound can be related, but I just found that it seems to become loose in it's groove. I simply move the seat a bit back or forward, and it stops for a while. Eventually it starts doing it again and I repeat the same process. Meh.

S

givenuponsociety

Autocross Newbie
after several months the sqeaking has come to a halt.....it did come back for a day or so but other than that its quiet as ever. just figured i would update.

JPGTI

Ready to race!
I SHALL RAISE THIS THREAD FROM THE GRAVE...

Seriously, any good fix for this? My driver's seat clicks upon hard acceleration and deceleration. And, the seat squeaks just me getting in and out and I am not a heavy guy. It almost sounds like leather rubbing together. Thoughts?

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
stop having sex in your car...lol

I had a problem with my driver seat bolts coming loose...started squeaking too.....just tightend em back down...no problem since.