GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Star Trek

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
I just got home from the theater, and wow! Very well done, I thought. I didn't see too many inconsistencies. I loved all the classic lines from the original tv show. I'd definitely go watch it again, and as a Trekkie, I highly recommend this movie! Without ruining the story, it was fast paced and no lag time at all. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

In my opinion, not too outrageous, even for a sci-fi. Go watch it!!

utekineir

Banned
i've never really watched or followed anything star trek

but the commercials make the new movie look pretty sick

Strmtrpr

Censored
Heard nothing but great things about it, my Dad is a big Star Trek fan I am going to take him to see it :thumbsup:

ReflexMkV

mmmm Horse Pop
I'm dragging the old lady to see it tonight....or I'll go by myself if necessary! lol
It looks bad ass.

Fives

Ready to race!
I've never seen an episode of star trek or a star trek movie, and I saw the new one last night. I must saw it was awesome. The story made perfect sense, and there was tons of action, some laughs, classic star trek lines (the ones even non trekkies know), and even some romance. The entire movie was entertaining, there wasn't a single boring part. Overall it was a great movie, something that everyone could enjoy.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
I've never seen an episode of star trek or a star trek movie, and I saw the new one last night. I must saw it was awesome. The story made perfect sense, and there was tons of action, some laughs, classic star trek lines (the ones even non trekkies know), and even some romance. The entire movie was entertaining, there wasn't a single boring part. Overall it was a great movie, something that everyone could enjoy.

I'm a Trekkie and I was even surprised at how well it was put together. I was really half expecting to get disappointed because it was PG 13, but it played out well. I thought that they picked the right people to play each and every role. Simon Pegg played Scotty perfectly, Zoe Saldana was hot as Uhura, Spock was played well by Zachary and even Kirk was spot on. Overall it was pretty good, and you are absolutely correct that there wasn't a slow moment in the film.

ReflexMkV

mmmm Horse Pop
When I saw it was a JJ Abrams film I knew it was going to be decent. And you know the Star Trek franchise wouldn't be on board with a poor movie. All the Star Trek movies have been really good....IMO anyway.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
When I saw it was a JJ Abrams film I knew it was going to be decent. And you know the Star Trek franchise wouldn't be on board with a poor movie. All the Star Trek movies have been really good....IMO anyway.

Yeah, I have ALL of the movies from The Motion Picture to Insurrection, and I think this last one was the best of all of the series. They're all good in my opinion too, maybe except for Final Frontier. Ha ha.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
soooo stoked about this. GF's brother in law saw it opening day and said it was amazing.

ReflexMkV

mmmm Horse Pop
Just got back from seeing it and it was awesome...I really like how they have left it open for a whole new story line. Brilliant.

Lucidity

Marx
JJ Abrams FTL.... Never was really into Star Trek, but knowing he's in the director's chair ensured this was going to be a rental for me. He's a great writer so I'm sure the script is good (I'm sure he read it before signing on) but he's like Lucas and needs to leave the directing to someone else.

ReflexMkV

mmmm Horse Pop
You're missing out, I think even non Star Trek fans could enjoy the movie. Great action film with a lot of good humor and cool effects. Simon Pegg as Scotty was great. I think that guy is hilarious.

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
Dude, I was loud as hell in the theatre, "WTF is that Simon Pegg?" I thought it was great, but I've only got one knit to pick, really, about the whole movie. When they beamed Spock and Kirk into the enemy ship. Now, most people wont think as far into as I will, but lets be honest here, the USS Entirprise is the FLAGSHIP of the Starfleet. Just like ships in the modern navy, that thing should have, at the very least, an entire platoon of marines for just such a situation. I'm not saying you DONT send Spock and Kirk, because there was actually a logical reason for Spock to go. With the fast pace already set by the rest of the movie, you're telling me that you couldn't get some no-named, badass rougneck looking dudes to play some Marines and really have a crazy epic firefight/combat scene? That would have made my day. Otherwise, I loved the movie, really. I was affraid that it wouldn't live up to the hype of the trailers we've been seeing for almost 2 years now, but it surely didnt disapoint.

OH, and who else knew that when Kirk and Zulu were jumping down to the drill platform, that the third dude was DOOMED? Ahhhh, redsuits...

HyeWarrior

Banned
Ok, I've NEVER seen a single episode of Star Trek, neither have any of the people I went to see the movie with.

To my surprise, this movie was seriously epic. There are very few movies I would pay to see twice, but this seems like one of those that I would. It seriously made me a fan. The acting was superb, the guy who played Kirk was excellent, so was the guy who played Spock. It gets a little confusing about 3/4's into it, but if you pay attention, it's a great concept.

Overall, I loved it, would HIGHLY recommend anyone who like some good action to see it. Easily my favorite movie so far of the year, and I've seen Fast and Furious, Watchmen, and I Love You Man since January.

Genome

Hippest Teacher. Ever.
kick ass movie! just came back from watching it with my brother. I didn't know much about it before going on, so I didn't really expect much. Came out satisfied.