GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Start/stop on my 2020 TSI is way too sensitive on start. If I relax my foot at all, it will start. It's very annoying. Anybody got a fix?

Winston

Car(s)
2020 TSi 4-Door
My concern is that the start function of the start/stop system is simply too sensitive. If I shift my foot slightly such that the brake pedal retracts even a tiny, imperceptible amount, the engine will start. It's super annoying. Ideally the engine would not start up again until I take my foot completely off the brake. Is this a known issue? Is there a solution that anyone has found to this?

Thanks yoyos.

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
Mine does not start right away with an imperceptible movement but it also does not wait until my foot is completely off the brake as the engine needs to be on by the time your foot touches the accelerator pedal. Mine appears to start after a quarter of an inch of travel per my perception. So I'd say both of your cases are wrong but my Golf R is the only car I've ever driven with this feature so mine does what mine does. I'd not like either imperceptible/full travel but prefer how mine works, somewhere in the middle.

That being said, I deactivated mine using OBD11 and never give that feature any more thought!

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Your issue sounds like a great problem to have. I would want it to react as soon as possible, not hesitate and take forever to start while people are already going. One thing i noticed with VW is if you push only down a little bit you have a safe zone of not turning off, so maybe you're right around that mark

Winston

Car(s)
2020 TSi 4-Door
Your issue sounds like a great problem to have. I would want it to react as soon as possible, not hesitate and take forever to start while people are already going. One thing i noticed with VW is if you push only down a little bit you have a safe zone of not turning off, so maybe you're right around that mark
Nah, it's annoying because it stops but then immediately starts if I move my foot at all. Sometimes I'm at a light and I want to be able to relax my foot a bit instead of having the maintain the same amount of pressure that I used to initially apply the brake.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Nah, it's annoying because it stops but then immediately starts if I move my foot at all. Sometimes I'm at a light and I want to be able to relax my foot a bit instead of having the maintain the same amount of pressure that I used to initially apply the brake.
Sounds like you need to hit leg day