GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steel Oil Pan Swap - the definitive guide

ManFlxSrsRwy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7.5 GTI 2017
Hey everyone, so after cracking my plastic oil pan and searching for info on the internet, i found that the informations regarding torque spec, bolt pattern, part numbers, ecc... for the steel oil pan is too much spread around the internet in different places so i figured, why not put it all in one post.

What you will need:

- 06J 100 600 E (Steel Oil Pan)
- N 91096701 (T30 Torx M6x16 Bolt) x20 'You will need to chage the bolts since the plastic pan bolts are longer and you don't want to bust a hole in your block do you?'
- N 01508210 (Shouldered Nut) x3 'Optional you can reuse the old nuts if in good condition'
- Dirko Black Silicon Sealant - 70ml ('Recommended')
- 06K 103 138 P (Oil Baffle) 'Not stricktly needed but this is what VW reccomends:'

'There are plastic ribs on the oil baffle that deform permanently
when tightening the oil pan lower section. The plastic ribs ensure
the oil baffle has no play and does not rattle. Because of this,
always replace the oil baffle.'

(In my case i chose not to replace the oil baffle at my own risk, because it's not the first time that i take off my oil pan and i never had any problem with it rattling.)

But if you do want to replace it, also replace the two o-rings sited in the oil baffle while you are in there:

- N 0282222 (O-Ring) x2

That's all.

And to anyone that could find this useful here is an image with:

- Steel oil pan Bolts torque spec
- Bolt tightening pattern
- Oil level sensor nuts torque spec

oil pan.jpg

Just to clarify, this is NOT an official image taken from a VW manual, so i can't guarantee that the info is 100% correct.
Again, this is just what i found from other folks on the internet.

Have a good one.

Marco

Last edited: