GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Style Council.

Welly

Hi all, I`ve been following a lot of various forum reviews and feel generally disheartened by the constant negativity in some of the threads. I have owned a second hand Mk8 Style for 3 months now(traded in a Mk7) & its been brilliant! Its got what I believe is the oldest 1664 software and it has been faultless. The ride & handling is superb & its really comfortable. The infotainment system soon becomes 2nd nature even for an old git like me. Sure, its not absolutely perfect, but nor is any other car I`ve ever owned .Compromise is the name of the game.

ReflexSilver

I have 1400 miles on my '22 GTi and love it. Ya, the software isn't the best, but I use CarPlay 100% of the time, so it's bearable. I traded in my '21 Subaru Outback with the 11.6" screen as it crashed non-stop. I have had no screen/system crashes so far at all. (Knock wood....)

Scal

Hi all, I`ve been following a lot of various forum reviews and feel generally disheartened by the constant negativity in some of the threads. I have owned a second hand Mk8 Style for 3 months now(traded in a Mk7) & its been brilliant! Its got what I believe is the oldest 1664 software and it has been faultless. The ride & handling is superb & its really comfortable. The infotainment system soon becomes 2nd nature even for an old git like me. Sure, its not absolutely perfect, but nor is any other car I`ve ever owned .Compromise is the name of the game.
Sounds like you are one of the lucky ones.
I have a MK8 GTI Australia 2021 delivery, I have had the car for 6 months now.
I am more concern about the time it will take to get the current issues resolved and issues that have not surfaced?
I will be dead before the car actually works the way it was advertised, will you wait?
My view is very simple, if the car was advertised with these features, they should work when delivered,
due diligence was not carried out on the car.
To tell the world that we have a fix, aren't we good! Please, they won't even acknowledge some of the issues I have.
It is not good enough, we need to be compensated for the stress driving a car with issues that can cause you to be distracted while driving, safety features that don't actually work, are we not test drivers for VWGA if we are, we should get paid!

Mk8-pilot

I have 1400 miles on my '22 GTi and love it. Ya, the software isn't the best, but I use CarPlay 100% of the time, so it's bearable. I traded in my '21 Subaru Outback with the 11.6" screen as it crashed non-stop. I have had no screen/system crashes so far at all. (Knock wood....)
Does the mk8 have wireless car play ?

ReflexSilver

Does the mk8 have wireless car play ?
Yes, wireless CarPlay and charging. The rate of the charging is a bit slower than the cord (they also include an adapter to USB) Wireless CarPlay is up there with the wheel as far as inventions! It is sooo much nicer not to have to stop, plug the phone in, clean the lint out of the phone's cord-hole, find those little cords on Amazon.. you get it. It's a great upgrade.

orlinst

Passed Driver's Ed
I have VW Golf 8 Variant 1.5 eTSI for almost a year. Its Style trim with a couple of extra features like Discover Pro, IQ light etc. And so far didnt have any issues with the car and its infotainment. Just a few squeaky sounds, but the roads at my place are terrible so i believe this is the main reason for them. Wireless android auto is great, it turns on immediately after ignition. Only the wireless charging is something that i don't rely on.