GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suggest a smart buy for my gf

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
So my girl drives an h3. Spends about 800 in gas and a 340$ monthly payment. Clearly bad deal.

BUT...she does need cargo room. Hates station wagons and does not like "mom" SUVs like a Lexus rx hybrid or ford escape.

Her taste is more along the lines of h3, jeep wrangler, fj cruiser.

Can you think of an aggressive looking SUV that gets good mileage?

I've suggested rx, forester, sportage, and escape.

Only barely liked the sportage...

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
So my girl drives an h3. Spends about 800 in gas and a 340$ monthly payment. Clearly bad deal.

BUT...she does need cargo room. Hates station wagons and does not like "mom" SUVs like a Lexus rx hybrid or ford escape.

Can you think of an aggressive looking SUV that gets good mileage?

I've suggested rx, forester, sportage, and escape.

Only barely liked the sportage...

GMC Terrain with the 4 cyl gives 30+ mpg I think. Boxy design and good cargo space

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Budget? GLK350 if you wanna pay for it. Very aggressive looks, good power and decent mileage for what it is.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
2014 Forester XT Turbo.

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
Budget would be around 30k.

My gti can easily get better gas mileage than the EPA rating. Especially highway.

But

My 2004 6 speed v6 accord could barely touch 30 highway. And I believe EPA average was 30 for highway.

I'm finding it hard to believe these SUVs can really see 30-32 highway.

I kind of suspect that the gti is underrated in this aspect, but when Mazda says the cx5 can do 32 highway, they're really stretching it.

Anyone have any experience on whether new SUVs really can easily get 30 mpg without hypermiling?

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
Budget would be around 30k.

My gti can easily get better gas mileage than the EPA rating. Especially highway.

But

My 2004 6 speed v6 accord could barely touch 30 highway. And I believe EPA average was 30 for highway.

I'm finding it hard to believe these SUVs can really see 30-32 highway.

I kind of suspect that the gti is underrated in this aspect, but when Mazda says the cx5 can do 32 highway, they're really stretching it.

Anyone have any experience on whether new SUVs really can easily get 30 mpg without hypermiling?

You are right, the Gti is very close or better than the advertised mpg,s and no these new small suv's claiming 32 mpg Mazda and 33 (new ford escape) will be around 24mpg real world with average speed limit driving.

I was talking to one of fords f150 ceo's and he mentioned the mpg test are conducted at 50 mph and that the mpg rating is a model line estimation so if you chose a truck with a 20 inch factory wheel package it's going to get less than the rated average mpg that is listed on the monrony sticker, basically take mpg estimations with a lot of salt.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Put your tongue away.

Embarrassing.

that's not what you were saying last night, uh-uh fool...

That would be my choice. But she sees a tall station wagon.

that's fucked up... it used to look like one, it doesn't anymore and was redesigned yet again for 2014.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
+1 for the Forester.. Although if its anything like any other turbo Subaru its going to get terrible MPG.

Butt posted from my Galaxy Note II

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion

$800 in gas a month? Jesus Effin Christ.

There are a LOT of women out there who like blocky, unreliable,....just BAD vehicles.....the H3 is up there! The Range Rover is the top of the charts.

I vote Ford Escape Titanium (despite being hated) w the 240 horse turbo motor....or the Range Rover Evoque....same motor....flashier skin.

Sorry ladies....I'm a feminist...but if I hear any more stupid chick stories about needing to have a car that looks like a Gelandewagen despite getting 8 mpg in town...

Get fucking over it. Heavy cars with horrible drag coefficients get horrible mileage.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
how bout a 4runner?