GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suggestions for trip to sf, and pacific nw

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
I know there's plenty of you from this area. I will be going to the northwest for the first time.

Sf for 6/29 thru 7/1. Then flight to Portland. Renting car that day in Portland and driving to Seattle. Staying in Seattle 7/1 thru 7/3. And back to Portland on 7/3 and leaving 7/5 from there.

I'm traveling solo, btw but I love doing that.

What's the deal with certain shops opening in washington? They open July 1?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
SF is great... lots of places to see. Be prepared for a lot of bums and crazies in the downtown area.

I'd recommend union square if you'd like shop and ppl watch.
Then I'd do the GG bridge, do the coit tower, you can check out pier 39 but it is mostly a tourist trap. I'd also visit the presidio and of course lombard st.

Let me know what you're into.

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
SF is great... lots of places to see. Be prepared for a lot of bums and crazies in the downtown area.

I'd recommend union square if you'd like shop and ppl watch.
Then I'd do the GG bridge, do the coit tower, you can check out pier 39 but it is mostly a tourist trap. I'd also visit the presidio and of course lombard st.

Let me know what you're into.

Thanks. Honestly, doing some of the stereotypical touristy stuff during the day and drinks at night. Which will be kinda hard solo, but no not going homo, maybe I'll meet a hot girl!

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
I'm also interested in something out of these major cities like "instead of going directly to Seattle there's this awesome lil town in the mountains or the coast that's worth a trip"

Or also, the "I like driving" and scenic routes.

Btw relay rides is awesome. You rent peoples cars so for example enterprise would rent me a 2014 Chevy sonic for 45 a day. Relay rides let's me rent someone's 07 legacy GT for the same price.

I'd never put my car out there, but I'll borrow someone else's.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Thanks. Honestly, doing some of the stereotypical touristy stuff during the day and drinks at night. Which will be kinda hard solo, but no not going homo, maybe I'll meet a hot girl!

In sf? :laugh: We have nothing but dudes here... thanks to tech and gays.

:yikes:

I am pretty familiar with the night life too... so let me know what you're into.

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
In sf? :laugh: We have nothing but dudes here... thanks to tech and gays.

:yikes:

I am pretty familiar with the night life too... so let me know what you're into.

Hmm tinder? Haha. Umm just friendly dive bars in a safe area type thing?

StigsFatAmericanCousin

Ready to race!
I enjoyed Golden State Park, Armstrong Park, and the pier. Muir Woods and Sausalito are supposed to be good too. A restaurant I liked a lot was Cafe Claude.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion

Awesome! I love it up here, you'll have fun.

I would recommend some of the following places to visit:

Portland
VooDoo donuts(I'm not from there, only went once, it was awesome!)

Seattle (This'll be a long one)
Pike's Place Market (If you've never been, it's awesome to see at least once)
Mt St Helens (It's definitely off the beaten path, but is a cool sight to see if you are willing to jump off the freeway for a while. It's one hour from I-5, at the point of turn off, so it's definitely a bit of jog, but if you're really interested in that kind of stuff, it's definitely neat.)
Space Needle/EMP (Both somewhat expensive, but cool to see in person)
Museum of Flight (This is the far south edge of Seattle, but is pretty cool. Some of the planes they have are pretty cool to see in person, highly recommend.)
Ballard Locks (I've never been, but I've heard they're pretty cool)
Chinatown (I've also never been, maybe briefly passed through, but it's a pretty neat area from what I've heard. Almost as old as Seattle itself, dates back to the 1880's.)

You should make a point to ride the SLUT. Just to say you did, because why not! It's the South Lake Union Transit, :lol:.

There's also some great food in Seattle, though I only know a couple districts:

Downtown(Or maybe Queen anne?) - Lowell's (Breakfast, in pikes place, always packed, some of the best breakfast you can get!); Ivar's Seafood (Down on the pier, legit and fresh)

Capital Hill
- Elysian brewing (Great beer and food. They have other locations, the food is not as good in the other locations); Li'l Woodys (Great burgers!); Top Pot Donuts (Staple of Seattle, so good!)

Georgetown - Via Tribunali (The best pizza I've ever had! Authentic Italian pizza, the owner studied in Italy, knows fluent Italian, and even had the wood fired brick oven shipped over from Italy; shit's legit!); Slim's last chance (fantastic chili!); Fonda La Catrina (Authentic Mexican food, not that Azteca crap!);

Alki - Salty's (Fantastic Seafood!)

I could probably keep going on and on, but I'll end up making this post waaaaayyyy too long :bellyroll:

I'll post up on our facebook group too and point some of the guys here, maybe some of them will want to meet up so you can check out the local VW scene.
I work in the Georgetown district, love the area :D

Edit 1: You said you like scenic routes, here are some good ones up here. The 101 along the coast is great (south west WA coast). Snoqualmie falls is always neat to visit. I've heard the Chukanut drive is really cool, it's north of seattle quite a ways though, you'd have to look into that one more.
Okay I'm done now until you ask for more :lol:

Last edited:

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
Awesome! I love it up here, you'll have fun.

I would recommend some of the following places to visit:

Portland
VooDoo donuts(I'm not from there, only went once, it was awesome!)

Seattle (This'll be a long one)
Pike's Place Market (If you've never been, it's awesome to see at least once)
Mt St Helens (It's definitely off the beaten path, but is a cool sight to see if you are willing to jump off the freeway for a while. It's one hour from I-5, at the point of turn off, so it's definitely a bit of jog, but if you're really interested in that kind of stuff, it's definitely neat.)
Space Needle/EMP (Both somewhat expensive, but cool to see in person)
Museum of Flight (This is the far south edge of Seattle, but is pretty cool. Some of the planes they have are pretty cool to see in person, highly recommend.)
Ballard Locks (I've never been, but I've heard they're pretty cool)
Chinatown (I've also never been, maybe briefly passed through, but it's a pretty neat area from what I've heard. Almost as old as Seattle itself, dates back to the 1880's.)

You should make a point to ride the SLUT. Just to say you did, because why not! It's the South Lake Union Transit, :lol:.

There's also some great food in Seattle, though I only know a couple districts:

Downtown(Or maybe Queen anne?) - Lowell's (Breakfast, in pikes place, always packed, some of the best breakfast you can get!); Ivar's Seafood (Down on the pier, legit and fresh)

Capital Hill
- Elysian brewing (Great beer and food. They have other locations, the food is not as good in the other locations); Li'l Woodys (Great burgers!); Top Pot Donuts (Staple of Seattle, so good!)

Georgetown - Via Tribunali (The best pizza I've ever had! Authentic Italian pizza, the owner studied in Italy, knows fluent Italian, and even had the wood fired brick oven shipped over from Italy; shit's legit!); Slim's last chance (fantastic chili!); Fonda La Catrina (Authentic Mexican food, not that Azteca crap!);

Alki - Salty's (Fantastic Seafood!)

I could probably keep going on and on, but I'll end up making this post waaaaayyyy too long :bellyroll:

I'll post up on our facebook group too and point some of the guys here, maybe some of them will want to meet up so you can check out the local VW scene.
I work in the Georgetown district, love the area :D

Edit 1: You said you like scenic routes, here are some good ones up here. The 101 along the coast is great (south west WA coast). Snoqualmie falls is always neat to visit. I've heard the Chukanut drive is really cool, it's north of seattle quite a ways though, you'd have to look into that one more.
Okay I'm done now until you ask for more :lol:

Thanks! Relay rides typically allows for 1000 miles. I'm renting car from 7/1 in pdx to 7/5. Does it sound like I'd exceed the 1k miles with scenic drive from
Pdx to sea, sea to pdx, mountains, and rolling around pdx and sea?

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
If you're in Portland, you have to take the drive to Seaside Beach. That place is beautiful and so is the drive there.

Last edited:

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! Relay rides typically allows for 1000 miles. I'm renting car from 7/1 in pdx to 7/5. Does it sound like I'd exceed the 1k miles with scenic drive from
Pdx to sea, sea to pdx, mountains, and rolling around pdx and sea?

You should have plenty of miles even if you go the super long route. Depends how bad you wanna do the full 101 cruise, it's a really long one, but I hear it's that good (never personally done it).

If you go from PDX to Mt St Helens, Helens to Seattle, and then Seattle up around the 101 down to Astoria, OR, then back over to PDX, you're at 737 miles. That would leave you with 260+ miles to just putt around town.

Just ideas, don't take what I say verbatim; I don't want you to go do some cruise because of how good I say it is, just to have you end up hating it, or to leave you super short on miles in case there are some good cruises down south too :D

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
I'm a fan of snow capped mountains, I'm guessing mt St. Helens isn't snow capped in July? Not since 1980 at least?

But is it surrounded by snow capped peaks?

Are there any other towns/ parks pretty much on the snow capped peaks?