GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suggestions for trip to sf, and pacific nw

dhockey11

Passed Driver's Ed
Portland food scene is incredible. There is a lot of info about it on the web if that's your thing. Clyde Commons is my personal favorite restaurant, it's in the Pearl district. They have a bitchin' whiskey bar and the line for the bar is usually out the door, but u can get a seat in the restaurant and order from the bar really quickly.

I like some of the driving suggestions posted above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
Well, there's one question no ones answered yet.

I read that certain horticulture shops are going to open in July in washington. Is this happening July 1?

dhockey11

Passed Driver's Ed
I have no idea. I know the legislation for such shops is being contested strongly, but I don't follow it closely enough to know if or when the gov't is going to get their sh** together.

What is the point of a referendum if the government is going to ignore the result and do what they want anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
What about cool
Neighborhoods in Portland and in Seattle?

Interested in easy access to
Downtown or wherever the cool parts are?

Plinyyounger

Ready to race!
SF, Portland and Seattle all have awesome micro breweries where you can eat, drink and meet cool folks! Some of the best beer in the states are made in these three cities. Enjoy drinking the beer, watching the freaks and having fun!

DeathMoJo1

Ready to race!
I'm out on Whidbey Island, about 2 hours out of Seattle. Some beautiful areas to look at up here if you catch it on a sunny day. At some points you can get a nice view of the Olympic and Cascade mountains at the same time. Also can check out Deception Pass.

Small town feel and the such if you like that.

However, with your time frame this would eat up a lot to make it up here.

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
I'm considering renting a 4wd vehicle. Obviously, it's not a lifted rubicon but any unpaved high altitude trails in Oregon or washington that may require brief, safe, legal use of low range?

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
I'm considering renting a 4wd vehicle. Obviously, it's not a lifted rubicon but any unpaved high altitude trails in Oregon or washington that may require brief, safe, legal use of low range?

Only in winter where there are sections that require chains or 4wd.

We did Portland and Seattle this past February. Had a rental Mini Cooper that was a lot more fun to drive than any rental I've had before and great for getting around the cities.

Portland itself you can spend days just wandering around on foot enjoying the place. Food is awesome. Pok Pok is a must as is VooDoo donuts. Deschutes Brewery makes some good beers. Have to go to the vegan strip club, Casa Diablo. Portland is the strip club capital after all.

Checking out the Goonies sites is fun if you're into that. Hit up Astoria to see the house then out to Cannon Beach to see haystack rock. A bunch of sea lions and seals hanging out there in Astoria.

Seattle - Go to the EMP museum. Awesome museum of music and sci-fi/fantasy stuff. They were running a Nirvana and Hendrix exhibit there when we went. Pay to go up the space needle only if it's a clear day where you can see the mountains. Definitely go to the market. Skip the aquarium there it's rather mediocre for being on the ocean.

The big draw of the area of course is nature and the parks. Trek out to Crater Lake. See the painted hills. Go romp in the forest. Go watch Mt. St. Helens smoke. Etc

Moving out there later this year. The place is awesome.