GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suspension kit by URO Tuning, any good?

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
As you all know our MK6's are getting older and older, parts wearing out and need to be refreshed/replaced... I plan to keep my GTI because there's no point in selling it as I will not profit, so I might as well keep it and drive it and fix it as needed.

I am looking into improving the suspension system now. Anyone install the Suspension rebuild kit by URO TUNING?
I am considering buy this and installing it as I have steering noise coming from underneath the car while the car is stationary... yesterday night I was parking and as I turn the steering wheel I can hear noises. Sounds like the tie rod ends.

Any input is appreciated. Looking to buy a suspension kit so I get the best bang for my buck. Let me know. Thank you.

1662298149542.png

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Bumping this as I'm also interested in feedback.

I've got the kit sitting in my basement along with some lowering springs. If I can find some shocks/struts "cheap" my plan is to do it all at once.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Well I am focused on improving the suspension system, I done plenty of work on the engine/tranny, it's time for suspension upgrade!!!
I might pull the trigger on this kit... but if anyone suggests going with another kit, please chime in..

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Kit includes:

• (2) S3 Control Arm Bushing Brackets (FEBI) - 1K0199231K / 1K019922K
  • (2) Front Control Arm Bushings (URO Parts) - 1K0407182
  • (1) Front Control Arm Bolt Kit (6 pcs) - Stretch_Control_Arm_Bolts_Mk56
  • (2) Ball Joints (URO Parts) - 1K0407365C / 1K0407366C
  • (2) Tie Rod Ends (URO Parts) - 1K0423811J / 1K0423812J
  • (2) Tie Rod Inners (URO Parts) - 1K0423810A
  • (2) Audi TT Upgraded Strut Mount Bearings (SKF Brand)- 6N0412249C
  • (2) Strut Mounts (URO Parts) - 1K0412331B

Really want to pull the trigger and buy this kit....
But this will only be for the front side suspension and this kit won't replace any of the rear side suspension components... that means I gotta find another kit for the rear -_-

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Did you end up using this kit for the coilovers you put in?

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Did you end up using this kit for the coilovers you put in?
yes, I did. Car feels brand new.
installed ST coilovers with this kit. Soooo worth it. It's still breaking in (I don't drive my car in the winter months (November - March)). So after it fully breaks in, I'll know how much beating it can take.

The tie-rods weren't installed as I was told by the shop that did the install it's in good condition. So i'll do a tie-rod service late next year, if needed. I have the parts in my locker room.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Yes, it's worth it. That's the stuff that makes a car feel old. Get new endlinks while you're at it, too.
I did get new endlinks! the shop replaced it for me, I was going to get APR endlinks but the shop said NO, so I let the shop source NEW endlinks. It's a must if you are installing NEW coilovers.... 100%. - DO NOT GO THE CHEAP ROUTE. GET GOOD STUFF, PAY THE RIGHT PRICE. SHOP AROUND!!!!!

Thank you all for your feedback.