GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TEST: Shelby GT Vs 2008 WRX STI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JhnR

Banned
you cant deny it the GT500 can not be compared to the 335I or any other car in performance and price!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FAuoOjUKk_U

BTW im a BMW guy also and i love BMW's if you havent noticed i have one in my signature, just cant deny the power of the Stang!::cool:

Well i would take a 335i any day over a GT500, thats just me. I respect your opinion.

335i + chip, end of story.

MoB$TER

streetracing newbie
Other than the rim's on that STI..:barf:

Syxx Shotter

Has an "S" on his chest
STI anyday; I don't like the looks of the mustang. But they're both kind of :barf:

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
you cant deny it the GT500 can not be compared to the 335I or any other car in performance and price!

BTW im a BMW guy also and i love BMW's if you havent noticed i have one in my signature, just cant deny the power of the Stang!::cool:

First let me say that this review comparing a muscle car to an STI seems quite ridiculous. Might as well compare Elvis to Metallica.

Then.. comparing a 335 to a GT500 (Which has nothing to do at all with the article)? You're right, they can't be compared. Do people who buy BMW purely buy for performance? I doubt that. Especially not a 335. Do people who buy mustangs buy for luxury and refinement? Nope. So you value straight line performance over anything? Cool. But the GT500 is far from a 3 dimensional car.

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE

i'd run you over with my car if i didn't love it so much.

for the money, corvettes own gt500's. it's fact. that car is a huge dissapointment considering it's got 500hp and does 0-60 in the same time as a 400hp cadillac cts-v. you're just like all those other idiots that think they know cars (btw i don't think i know cars, but i try to read up on them as much as possible). you hear the term 500hp and you think it's godly and will murder anything in it's path. too bad it weighs nearly 2.5 tons and doesn't even have a limited slip. seriously dude, your opinions are so biased and uninformed i can't help but get pissed off and insult you.

i'd run you over with my car if i didn't love it so much.

for the money, corvettes own gt500's. it's fact. that car is a huge dissapointment considering it's got 500hp and does 0-60 in the same time as a 400hp cadillac cts-v. you're just like all those other idiots that think they know cars (btw i don't think i know cars, but i try to read up on them as much as possible). you hear the term 500hp and you think it's godly and will murder anything in it's path. too bad it weighs nearly 2.5 tons and doesn't even have a limited slip. seriously dude, your opinions are so biased and uninformed i can't help but get pissed off and insult you.

Oh boy here we go again!:rolleyes:

Edit: i have already recieved an infraction from the mods before because of you, i can easily flame you right now:fighting0030: but im trying to keep it under control and not act like a troll!:cool:

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
Oh boy here we go again!:rolleyes:

Edit: i have already recieved an infraction from the mods before because of you, i can easily flame you right now:fighting0030: but im trying to keep it under control and not act like a troll!:cool:

dude i don't insult people unless they need to be told off. and you didnt recieve an infraction because of me. the mods aren't idiots. you recieved an infraction for your own actions, just as i recieve them for mine. take responsibility for your own actions, douchebag.

EuroShoes

Ready to race!
First let me say that this review comparing a muscle car to an STI seems quite ridiculous. Might as well compare Elvis to Metallica.

Well put. As he mentioned, there really not in a similar class, so it's not justified to compare them.

Shelby Coupe - $40,930 + $1300 GG Tax + $745 = $42,975
Shelby Convt. - $45,755 + $1300 GG Tax + $745 = $47,800

Those are the base price MSRP's for the GT500, and we all know that you won't get one with less than a few thousand dollars worth of mark up, so realistically you're looking at base prices of $45,000 for the coupe and $50,000 for the convertible, if not more.

I've always loved mustangs, and I have no disrespect for American vehicles, but when you can get a 335i base for $41,295, I'd take that any day. Add a Vishnu stage 2 chip to the equation, ($379) and your posting 315+whp and 350+wtq. That's damn good, and all for $41,674, which is $1,301 less than the price of a stock GT500.

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
realistically speaking though, i'm sure there's a bit of markup on 335i's still, and if not, i doubt ur gonna find a base 335i.

dude i don't insult people unless they need to be told off. and you didnt recieve an infraction because of me. the mods aren't idiots. you recieved an infraction for your own actions, just as i recieve them for mine. take responsibility for your own actions, douchebag.

by your comments i guess that makes you a Troll!:laugh:

BTW you dont make any sense, you say im biased when i own a bimmer and take Mustangs side over a 335I???:laughabove: :bs:
seriously are you ok up there?

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
by your comments i guess that makes you a Troll!:laugh:

BTW you dont make any sense, you say im biased when i own a bimmer and take Mustangs side over a 335I???:laughabove: :bs:
seriously are you ok up there?

im saying you are so anti japanese for no reason and it makes no sense. the sti smokes the shelby in a straight line, through the turns, and not to mention the interior looks way better then the mustang.

now to the gt500 arguement. the interior is essentially that of a mustang gt, which is a $25k car. the car have 500hp, but it doesn't seem to be put to the ground very well considering the weak (for it's hp/tq figures) 0-60 times, not to mention it can't turn worth a damn. the 335i is a twin turbo v6 and with a chip, has about 380bhp for about the same price, not to mention it handles quite well and has a beatuiful interior. do you see how your arguement makes little to no sense at all? have you even driven these cars? i'm not saying i have, but judging from the reviews and specs, the 335i is better in just about every aspect, not to mention it will get much better mpg then a gt500.

Last edited:
im saying you are so anti japanese for no reason and it makes no sense. the sti smokes the shelby in a straight line, through the turns, and not to mention the interior looks way better then the mustang.

now to the gt500 arguement. the interior is essentially that of a mustang gt, which is a $25k car. the car have 500hp, but it doesn't seem to be put to the ground very well considering the weak (for it's hp/tq figures) 0-60 times, not to mention it can't turn worth a damn. the 335i is a twin turbo v6 and with a chip, has about 380bhp for about the same price, not to mention it handles quite well and has a beatuiful interior. do you see how your arguement makes little to no sense at all? have you even driven these cars? i'm not saying i have, but judging from the reviews and specs, the 335i is better in just about every aspect, not to mention it will get much better mpg then a gt500.

:laughabove: im not biased i have just never liked Modding Japanese cars! seriously something wrong with your head i would never ever pick the STI or any other Japanese car over a GT500. thats my opinion you cant change or do anything about it. Now the 335I has everything the looks the engine the interior and it runs just about the same price as a GT500 it would be a hard choice between the two but i rather be seen in a BMW or a Mustang anyday than a puny Subaru but again thats just my opinion so dont be a troll and ignore before you get your *** kicked of the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.