GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The BMW 1 M = The "New" GTI (per Top Gear)

RB06

Ready to race!
The BMW 1M is brand new right now so if we all hold out for 2-3 years they will be in the 30k range then we can all partake!!!

barische

Go Kart Champion
my last car was bmw 318ti, It broke down on me a total of 5 times. Always coolant system related.

2 water pumps, every single coolant pipe and hose. I became a professional of changing pipes and water pumps on the side of the road lol.. Hopefully the newer BMWs do not have the plastic impellers in their water pumps. Looks very promising and fast

ahhduma

Ready to race!
I look at it like this: if you are the kind of driver that enjoys driving in a way that the GTI appeals to your core BUT you can also afford the 1 series M, which would you get? You'd get the 1M...this is why I think they draw that comparison. It's a driver car that fits the same appeal the GTI has.

nope. ugly interior and ugly exterior, and no utility, doesnt hold any appeal.

now, i'd be over a 335 or s4 in a second if they were offered in avant/estate/wagon form

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
nope. ugly interior and ugly exterior, and no utility, doesnt hold any appeal.

now, i'd be over a 335 or s4 in a second if they were offered in avant/estate/wagon form

I just had a nice, up close and personal look at the inside and out of my friend's dad's 1M this weekend. After having done so, I can positively and unequivicably state that I have no idea what you're basing this on.

VWTN

Ready to race!
Never driven one. Looks are take it or leave it for me. Driven the 335. That car is a crescendo of power. It never stops pulling. I'm sure the M1 is an insanely fun road car.

P

plac

Never driven one. Looks are take it or leave it for me. Driven the 335. That car is a crescendo of power. It never stops pulling. I'm sure the M1 is an insanely fun road car.

My 135i kept kept getting faster and faster as it reached and passed redline. It made my heart pound when i would test it WOT. The GTI is nothing like it and has never gave me that level of excitement.. The strongest pull in the GTI is much much lower in the rpm range. A M1 just blowing that away is mind boggling..

VWTN

Ready to race!
My 135i kept kept getting faster and faster as it reached and passed redline. It made my heart pound when i would test it WOT. The GTI is nothing like it and has never gave me that level of excitement.. The strongest pull in the GTI is much much lower in the rpm range. A M1 just blowing that away is mind boggling..

That is how I would describe the 335. It just builds speed as if it's getting more powerful the farther north in revs you go.

I believe the GTI runs out of legs quicker but it's definitely still exciting for me.

ahhduma

Ready to race!
I just had a nice, up close and personal look at the inside and out of my friend's dad's 1M this weekend. After having done so, I can positively and unequivicably state that I have no idea what you're basing this on.

the plainness of the center stack, the cavern that is the lcd/nav display, how barren and uninteresting it is on the passenger's side

in contrast, the rs3 does it much much better

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
the plainness of the center stack, the cavern that is the lcd/nav display, how barren and uninteresting it is on the passenger's side

in contrast, the rs3 does it much much better

I like the interior...it's understated. I don't like overly busy or futuristic styling on cars. That's not to say I think the RS3 is either...both are gorgeous, neither are offensive to my eyes.