GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

torga

Autocross Champion
Where the hell are people buying masks??
I got mine from a local lady, she's been sewing nice cloth masks according to the guidelines. They're machine washable and she'll even put in a pocket for a coffee filter.
I'm sure there's someone near you doing the same - I found this lady on my city's subreddit. I'm glad I could support someone local to get my mask.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
I wonder why hospitals need to hide the fact that they are buying medical equipment and having it flown in on private planes... oh yeah the gov is hoarding the medical equipment and giving it out to random hospitals that dont need it :/

Stay off of Facebook and you won't read garbage like this.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I spent 14 hours building a one off Mk4 Valved catback yesterday. I’m sore today, the QuickJack sucks for that kinda work.

I kinda wish I had time to be bored lol, still working 50-60 hours a week like always.

I’ll post a Wookie sound video Saturday on my channel.

Let’s get this thread back to positive things, reading the last couple pages was a bit of a shitshow lol

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Nice pipe Jake.... well that came out strange. So for this exhaust, it taps into the manifold? I think I saw the valved ecs catback which is similar with regards to valved process. Is there a switch in the cabin to turn it on off?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Nice pipe Jake.... well that came out strange. So for this exhaust, it taps into the manifold? I think I saw the valved ecs catback which is similar with regards to valved process. Is there a switch in the cabin to turn it on off?

It’s a catback, we’re planning to turbo the car eventually so the OEM manifold will be replaced then.

By design the straight section acts as a resonator, the sound waves bouncing back off the valve force the flow out the Y pipe into the Borla muffler in the valve closed position.

Available space is what lead to the design choice. The muffler/valve section fits in a 8x8x22” area (same as the OEM muffler).
This is extremely difficult providing the Borla muffler is 4.5x9.5x14”

We mounted the QTP valve switch on the dash, below the headlight switch. Wired on a fuse from the fuse box, and grounded under the dash.

Added a rubber grommet in the trunk right above the valve, then the wiring follows the OEM loom up the drivers side interior under the trim completely hidden

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
It’s a catback, we’re planning to turbo the car eventually so the OEM manifold will be replaced then.

By design the straight section acts as a resonator, the sound waves bouncing back off the valve force the flow out the Y pipe into the Borla muffler in the valve closed position.

Available space is what lead to the design choice. The muffler/valve section fits in a 8x8x22” area (same as the OEM muffler).
This is extremely difficult providing the Borla muffler is 4.5x9.5x14”

We mounted the QTP valve switch on the dash, below the headlight switch. Wired on a fuse from the fuse box, and grounded under the dash.

Added a rubber grommet in the trunk right above the valve, then the wiring follows the OEM loom up the drivers side interior under the trim completely hidden
So want to complete my setup.