GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bullsh1t inside...

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Sadly this is the way life will go. If you don't submit to drug/speed/honesty/background testing then you must be a reckless or dangerous individual. If you do then every minor transgression can be held against you.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Sadly this is the way life will go. If you don't submit to drug/speed/honesty/background testing then you must be a reckless or dangerous individual. If you do then every minor transgression can be held against you.

Unless you are on welfare. Then, no fucks given, here is your money!!!! :lol:

Yeah, this is a sad turn here. I accelerate fiercely, but don't hardly ever go more than 5 over posted limits. I'm sure I would pay a lot though.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Well the problem is that it only takes a few companies in a few industries to break the ice and these kinds of "innovations" spread until we start accepting them as business as usual.

Example: online merchants storing your payment info.

I fucking HATE this. It's only there to make it easier to upsell me on another purchase but if your site gets hacked then I have to worry about my info being out there. Having accounts/profiles/passwords for every single website/game? Awesome. Battle.net and Steam revolutionized the online PC gaming platform but now the other publishers want their own portals to upsell content. Now I need Ubisoft, EA, and soon Activision's shell programs and accounts on each to play my games. Oh, and we'll take your credit card info too please, don't worry about encryption either, your data is very safe with us...

20 years ago people would've told companies who store your info in accessible and hackable databases to fuck themselves, now it's the norm. In 20 years we'll remember what it was like to live without multiple Big Brothers watching us. What, you don't have anything to hide, right?

miguelr

Go Kart Champion
baby steps. get people used to this kind of thing. then rfid healthcare will be welcomed.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Ughh yuck

Time for me to get a mk1 since they have no OBD2 port.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
This is rediculous. But honestly, if this starts being mandatory there will be 1000 products immediately on the market to block its effectiveness. I don't know anyone who wants to be tracked 100% of the time.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
If this shit happens fuck insurance im going to New Zealand

lmfao NZed is a far worse nanny state dude, grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
I don't know why everyones panties get in a twist on this, get it, drive like a saint for 30 days, send it back, get your discount then continue driving like you normally do :iono:

We did it for our escape when we had progressive, NFG. Got a huge discount.

If it had to stay in your car forever and was constantly sending/recving data then yeah I get all the tinfoil hat stuff. Otherwise just abuse the system and save money?

For those worried about privacy of your location and how often you travel and at what speed, news flash, your smartphone is already doing this.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I don't know why everyones panties get in a twist on this, get it, drive like a saint for 30 days, send it back, get your discount then continue driving like you normally do :iono:

We did it for our escape when we had progressive, NFG. Got a huge discount.

If it had to stay in your car forever and was constantly sending/recving data then yeah I get all the tinfoil hat stuff. Otherwise just abuse the system and save money?

For those worried about privacy of your location and how often you travel and at what speed, news flash, your smartphone is already doing this.

It starts with 30 days, where does it end?

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
It starts with 30 days, where does it end?

it ends here...

...am rethinking most of my app downloads right now...