GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Just because a business can expand, doesn't mean it's in the businesses best interest TO expand. Folding businesses are not automatically replaced by their competition. We wouldn't have things like food deserts and other economic issues if that was the case.

My God you'll argue forever. I've owned my own business since I was 20 years old.
A landscaper gets more business and you're talking about food deserts and other economic issues.

Yes some businesses take on too much work and there quality of work or level of service suffers. Don't worry though if a landscaper goes out of business there will be another landscaper happily taking that work. Phoenix won't become an overgrown weed infested desert with other economic issues.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
My God you'll argue forever. I've owned my own business since I was 20 years old.
A landscaper gets more business and you're talking about food deserts and other economic issues.

Yes some businesses take on too much work and there quality of work or level of service suffers. Don't worry though if a landscaper goes out of business there will be another landscaper happily taking that work. Phoenix won't become an overgrown weed infested desert with other economic issues.
So you're only concerned on illegals in landscaping? I'm confused, I thought we were talking illegals and business in general. Landscaping is generally a minimum wage job, at least around here. I don't see many non 15 year-olds that don't own the company fighting over landscaping jobs.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
NOBODY CAN PREVENT DEATH. I tell this to my doctor wife all the time. She is really good at her job, doctor of the year, literally. But people still die. You can't make them live forever.

Wait, I thought your wife, and other medical professionals, killed hundreds of thousands of people with negligence every year? But now people dying due to negligence is ok, because you're eventually going to die anyway?

Or are you lying about your wife being a doctor, like you lie about being a paramedic?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
So you're only concerned on illegals in landscaping? I'm confused, I thought we were talking illegals and business in general. Landscaping is generally a minimum wage job, at least around here. I don't see many non 15 year-olds that don't own the company fighting over landscaping jobs.

The example I've been using was landscaping. They can't pay minimum wage and get legal workers when it's 115* outside.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
The example I've been using was landscaping. They can't pay minimum wage and get legal workers when it's 115* outside.
True:
The average salary for a landscaper in Arizona is around $30,641 per year.
So they make almost 16 an hour, or 5 more than minimum wage. I bet the labor pool is just exploding at that opportunity.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
True:
The average salary for a landscaper in Arizona is around $30,641 per year.
So they make almost 16 an hour, or 5 more than minimum wage. I bet the labor pool is just exploding at that opportunity.

It is. For a guy who is only a high school graduate at the most his choices of employment are slim for any work paying above minimum wage.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Jobs That Pay $17 to $20 An Hour&l=Phoenix, AZ&explvl=entry_level&vjk=b0ea7e059ca4b771
Click the link. Its all jobs that pay 16-20 an hour within 25 miles of Phoenix that are Entry level positions.

Some of those require licensing. Like the health care and needing a CDL license. The driver jobs are using your own car and the bottom line is that those guys end up below minimum wage after expenses and they require a late model car which most guys at that skill level don't have. The non skilled warehouse jobs would be good but they're often seasonal as some of those listings stated. The furniture warehouse one sounded the best.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Sounds like we need more regulation of corporations if they can legally pay less than minimum wage...

Reactions: WAP

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Sounds like we need more regulation of corporations if they can legally pay less than minimum wage...

The companies I was talking about are mainly landscaping and service companies that aren't corporations. They're small businesses and it is better than it was before cities cracked down. My favorite car wash to go to was a hand car wash and after they got raided and were found out that almost everyone working there was illegal the owner just closed the business.