GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

torga

Autocross Champion
But everyone goes to work, so we have billions of interactions, and people still contract covid en masse. Everyone in the building i work in has had covid. So what was the goal of mask wearing? To prevent covid spread altogether? Then masks failed. To flatten the curve? We are 1.5+ years into the flattenning effort. How much longer?
I hope no one at your work had too bad a time with it. I don't know how many people total at my work have had it because my offices are just too big -- I don't work with everyone. None of my immediate colleagues (~20 people) have had it, as far as I'm aware. So between you and me, we have two wildly different anecdotal data points. That's the problem with anecdotes.
The goal of masks was to slow, not prevent. No one knows how much longer this will last. No one can honestly tell you where we'd be if we hadn't started wearing masks. We don't know. I don't want to keep wearing masks for another 1.5 years.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
18 months in and we are still on MASKS?? This is like arguing about the fucking bible except we actually have proof that they work, end of story.

Go cough up a lung!

torga

Autocross Champion
So you're the closest, but still neither of those.

Everyone else is just a bunch of guys and gals that are completely unqualified to have any sort of opinion about any of the topics over which you are arguing about.
Ok, got it. So unless anyone here is a mechanic or mechanical engineer, y'all need to stop having opinions anywhere else on this forum.

I get what you're trying to say, but none of us are on national TV peddling what we think we know; we're just trying to make sense of all of this amongst ourselves. We're allowed to have opinions and debate.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
further assertion that wearing them is (prepare yourself) NOT A HUGE FUCKING DEAL!

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
So you're the closest, but still neither of those.

Everyone else is just a bunch of guys and gals that are completely unqualified to have any sort of opinion about any of the topics over which you are arguing about.

Yeah ok. I saw a doctor say washing your hands can't neutralize the virus.
Doctors aren't some other worldly savants, they're humans just like the rest of us. We can all do our research and come to our own conclusions. They're looking at the same data we are.

anotero

Autocross Champion
I hope no one at your work had too bad a time with it. I don't know how many people total at my work have had it because my offices are just too big -- I don't work with everyone. None of my immediate colleagues (~20 people) have had it, as far as I'm aware. So between you and me, we have two wildly different anecdotal data points. That's the problem with anecdotes.
The goal of masks was to slow, not prevent. No one knows how much longer this will last. No one can honestly tell you where we'd be if we hadn't started wearing masks. We don't know. I don't want to keep wearing masks for another 1.5 years.
Ditto.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Ok, got it. So unless anyone here is a mechanic or mechanical engineer, y'all need to stop having opinions anywhere else on this forum.

I get what you're trying to say, but none of us are on national TV peddling what we think we know; we're just trying to make sense of all of this amongst ourselves. We're allowed to have opinions and debate.
Thank god I'm an engineer.

anotero

Autocross Champion

Unless you are zrick, in which case it's mIsInFoRmAtIoN!!

zrickety

The Fixer
The goal of masks was to slow, not prevent. No one knows how much longer this will last.
No one except Sweden. They didn't mask last year, and they reached herd immunity a long time ago. The pandemic is over for them.
Slowing the spread turned into accelerating communism.
1630455441071.png

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Reactions: WAP

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If you kill off all of the vulnerable early on then the virus won't kill as many later on.

And Jim still won't recognize zrickety has been advocating to kill him for over a year.

cb1111

And Jim still won't recognize zrickety has been advocating to kill him for over a year.
I think Jim is slowly recognizing that there are a few here that are actual terrorists. He'll figure out zricky too.

Jim is not a dumb guy