GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

JC_451

Autocross Champion
They're borrowing it from our un-born great grandchildren.
We can't even see the can anymore we've kicked it so far down the road.

Certainly nothing bad ever happens from continually pushing a problem into the future.

The hyper rich need to pay consumption taxes on the resources they use. Unfortunately they have actual representation from the government so regular people need to be squeezed instead.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Lastly, I'm convinced that the tax code is so over-complicated specifically so that the government can arrest anyone they want.... I'm sure nobody is actually paying everything they're supposed to pay.
The complicated tax code actually results in the average person over paying, not under paying. I've been audited twice and got more money back both times! The biggest reason for the complication is actually two different kinds of special interests. The first are all the industries that got rebates and deductions created to boost their sales (solar, electric cars, mortgages, etc.), the second is actually the tax preparation industry. They have fought hard and killed several promising proposals to simplify the tax codes at state and federal levels. I'm a bit of a nerd about tax law and I've researched* it quite a bit.

listened to podcasts and read articles, not real research obviously

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Not disagreeing with your points, but adding context: 61% is high, but over 50% paying no federal income tax is normal. I don't recall the exact numbers I read previously, but something like 80%+ of people making under $50k a year don't pay any. Assuming Uncle Sam=federal gov, I have to assume you are exaggerating your taxes at 40%, unless your wife isn't in a hospital group and is self employed, then maybe the 15% FICA would get you close, but that goes away at a pretty low threshold. I'd bet some zrickety bucks that your effective rate is closer to 20%, 25% if you count FICA.
All I gotta say is paying over 60k a year on income tax on one income is BS. Fuck the gov!

anotero

Autocross Champion
That's not a rant, it's a statement of fact.

Also, I explained exactly how voting for a different candidate isn't throwing away a vote. And there are not only two options, there are only two possible winners because of a rigged system. Tell you what, other than being soft on China, explain to me how Trump was any different than Bill Clinton, a President who, I presume, you liked? You can start with the misogyny and golfing (which they used to do a lot of together) and go from there.

Bro, the kid finds pride in his votes. He's brain dead.

zrickety

The Fixer
Not disagreeing with your points, but adding context: 61% is high, but over 50% paying no federal income tax is normal. I don't recall the exact numbers I read previously, but something like 80%+ of people making under $50k a year don't pay any. Assuming Uncle Sam=federal gov, I have to assume you are exaggerating your taxes at 40%, unless your wife isn't in a hospital group and is self employed, then maybe the 15% FICA would get you close, but that goes away at a pretty low threshold. I'd bet some zrickety bucks that your effective rate is closer to 20%, 25% if you count FICA.
I'll pull out the tax returns tomorrow and do some math.

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer
Eh it's an easy fix, just need to swap the radiator. Friggin tyrolsport took 2+ months to warranty it when it started leaking.
WOW. I hear that tyrolsport radiator is made from unobtainium. Just throw another half rad out in front like the JDM guys do.

zrickety

The Fixer
They say ol' Joe won but they also deleted the database in February. Nothing to see here...

1632525291518.png

torga

Autocross Champion
All I gotta say is paying over 60k a year on income tax on one income is BS. Fuck the gov!

For a single payer, living in a state with no state income tax, someone would have to pull in about $250k a year to pay a little over $60k in just income tax. That's about 25% effective tax rate.
For married, filing jointly, living in that same state, you'd have to make about 310k a year to pay around the same in just federal income tax. That's about a 20% effective tax rate.

Very fair, I'd say. That's more than enough money to be living very comfortably.

Last edited:

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
For a single payer, living in a state with no state income tax, someone would have to pull in about $250k a year to pay a little over $60k in just income tax. That's about 25% effective tax rate. Very fair, I'd say.
If you say so but that math isn't quite right. Also, those who apply themselves need to pay more why? Because it's fair? Is it? How do we define fair?

torga

Autocross Champion
If you say so but that math isn't quite right.

Just going strictly off federal income tax brackets for 2021. I'm not including SS, Medicaid or anything else, since you said $60k in income tax. Idk what state you live in, that's why I made the clarification of a no-income-tax state.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Just going strictly off federal income tax brackets for 2021. I'm not including SS, Medicaid or anything else, since you said $60k in income tax. Idk what state you live in, that's why I made the clarification of a no-income-tax state.
Let's just say 250k is right, why is 60k in taxes fair?