GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

VoodooDoll

Ready to race!
There’s also a ton of evidence to show they make little to no difference. Even little Fauci agrees.

How many people who wear masks are medically fitted for them as a nurse is, prior to their shift and wearing little more than a cloth catchrag on their face. I don’t wear masks or take experimental shots. Still haven’t had covid as I watch people committed to the latter getting it every other week. And I go to the gym, which is a petri dish. If you want to wear a mask and take boosters every season for the rest of your life then by all means do. If you really believe there’s an apocalyptic pandemic, then you shouldn’t be vacationing and clubbing like most maskaholics still do. You can always use curbside and delivery instead of going around scowling at everyone under your stupid blue sheep muzzle.

This isn’t a totalitarian hellscape and gaslighting individuals to believe that the public is responsible for others’ health is medical Lysenkoism by the book, komrade.
Not sure where all the anger is coming from. You don't want to wear a mask, then you do you. I'm simply stating that N-rated masks are effective. I mean, if you're sanding Bondo on a car or some other hazardous carcinogen, then you wear a high quality respirator. Respirators are extremely effective. I'm not aware of any credible evidence that suggest N95s are not effective. There may be evidence that states that wearing a bandana or pair of underwear around your face is ineffective, but I never argued that they were effective. Any type of mask can be at last somewhat effective at reducing transmission, but N95/KF94/KN95 masks, in particular, are extremely effective at reducing transmission of respiratory diseases. The science on this is overwhelming and indisputable. Again, if you don't want to wear a mask because you have no fear of COVID, then that's a separate argument.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
The report is explaining how the CDC receives its power - it's derived by a grant from the HHS. I did not purport it as representing anything else. The claim was made that the CDC has no authority. That is wrong. The CDC has authority granted to it by the HHS. Of course, all of these groups are headed by cabinet members selected by the POTUS. So, saying the CDC has no authority is like saying a police officer has no authority.
Police enforce laws. That's why they are called "law enforcement personnel".

HHS cannot make laws. The CDC cannot make laws. Only Congress (State or Federal) can make laws.

The HHS/CDC can impose regulations, but they cannot conflct with an individual's constitutional rights. They can try, and sometimes they get away with it. The rest of the time, it goes to the courts.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Not sure where all the anger is coming from. You don't want to wear a mask, then you do you. I'm simply stating that N-rated masks are effective. I mean, if you're sanding Bondo on a car or some other hazardous carcinogen, then you wear a high quality respirator. Respirators are extremely effective. I'm not aware of any credible evidence that suggest N95s are not effective. There may be evidence that states that wearing a bandana or pair of underwear around your face is ineffective, but I never argued that they were effective. Any type of mask can be at last somewhat effective at reducing transmission, but N95/KF94/KN95 masks, in particular, are extremely effective at reducing transmission of respiratory diseases. The science on this is overwhelming and indisputable. Again, if you don't want to wear a mask because you have no fear of COVID, then that's a separate argument.
The anger comes from unelected tyrants and their goons strongarming, threatening and fining people for not complying with their imaginary mandates and partaking in medical procedures without informed consent. The mask “mandates” are how this all started and a temporary ___ day challenge has become a power that these despots are not going to relinquish. I agree that it will get overturned. Not going to join in your Trump bet if it doesn’t though. He’s the one who got this entire ball rolling with his Warpspeed project. Do any neoliberals even remember themselves screeching about how they’d never take his vaccines?

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
The Federal court decision may be overturned by a Federal appeals court, but I'm pretty confident that the mask mandate would be ruled unconstiutional by the US Supreme Court.

anotero

Autocross Champion
It's nice how they were all mislead and are sorry at the end. Kind of like the Germans after May of 45. All it took was Soviet tanks in Berlin and 'BAM!' -- Germans realized all of a sudden that stuffing people in ovens and genociding with abandon are bad things.

VoodooDoll

Ready to race!
Police enforce laws. That's why they are called "law enforcement personnel".

HHS cannot make laws. The CDC cannot make laws. Only Congress (State or Federal) can make laws.

The HHS/CDC can impose regulations, but they cannot conflct with an individual's constitutional rights. They can try, and sometimes they get away with it. The rest of the time, it goes to the courts.
Yes, but my point was how do police enforce laws, based on what legal authority? Some people claim that law enforcement does not have the right to arrest them, because they're sovereign citizens or some garbage. I do not recall state police officers being mentioned in the US Constitution, right? So how do police officers have the authority to effect an arrest, take away your freedoms prior to a jury trial of your peers, and hold you in jail? The CDC, itself, doesn't have any enforcement mechanisms, but they most certainly do have the ability to pass federal mandates. Those federal mandates are then followed by federal organizations/agencies such as the FAA. The FAA regulates airlines and air travel. If the CDC requires masks to control a health pandemic, then they absolutely have the ability to tell the FAA to require masks on planes. US citizens do not have a constitutional right to board an airplane, therefore the FAA can mandate masks. Failure to follow FAA rules can result in you being asked to deplane/leave a flight. If you refuse, then you're trespassing, and law enforcement can now arrest you for trespassing. The FAA can also issue fines and fine you. They can then also add you to the no-fly list.

So, the CDC does have authority, they just don't have the direct ability to enforce their mandates.

VoodooDoll

Ready to race!
The Federal court decision may be overturned by a Federal appeals court, but I'm pretty confident that the mask mandate would be ruled unconstiutional by the US Supreme Court.
I wish I could say you were wrong about that. The Conservative Majority on the Supreme Court has a well-known disdain for federal agencies, especially when those federal agencies are effecting policy under a Democratic Administration. As such, if such a case were able to get cert by the Supreme Court, then it may be more of a coin toss on the outcome. Roberts and the Lib judges only account for 4 votes.

Reactions: WAP

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Imagine wanting the federal government to boss anyone around…

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Yes, but my point was how do police enforce laws, based on what legal authority? Some people claim that law enforcement does not have the right to arrest them, because they're sovereign citizens or some garbage. I do not recall state police officers being mentioned in the US Constitution, right? So how do police officers have the authority to effect an arrest, take away your freedoms prior to a jury trial of your peers, and hold you in jail? The CDC, itself, doesn't have any enforcement mechanisms, but they most certainly do have the ability to pass federal mandates. Those federal mandates are then followed by federal organizations/agencies such as the FAA. The FAA regulates airlines and air travel. If the CDC requires masks to control a health pandemic, then they absolutely have the ability to tell the FAA to require masks on planes. US citizens do not have a constitutional right to board an airplane, therefore the FAA can mandate masks. Failure to follow FAA rules can result in you being asked to deplane/leave a flight. If you refuse, then you're trespassing, and law enforcement can now arrest you for trespassing. The FAA can also issue fines and fine you. They can then also add you to the no-fly list.

So, the CDC does have authority, they just don't have the direct ability to enforce their mandates.
I completely disagree. Let's just leave it at that.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I wish I could say you were wrong about that. The Conservative Majority on the Supreme Court has a well-known disdain for federal agencies, especially when those federal agencies are effecting policy under a Democratic Administration. As such, if such a case were able to get cert by the Supreme Court, then it may be more of a coin toss on the outcome. Roberts and the Lib judges only account for 4 votes.
It's all about politics for you, isn't it? No sense that any of these justices would actually be doing their job, ruling based on their interpretation of the Constitution?

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer
I feel like I'm saying this all the time now. Fox news must be really pushing this point.

THIS. ONLY. APPLIES. TO. HOUSEHOLDS. WORTH. MORE. THAN. 100. MILLION. DOLLARS.

The ultra rich are using various tax shelters to avoid paying taxes. This is a correction of a loophole. Unless you're worth more than 100 million this doesn't affect you and if you are I wouldn't cry for you paying.
That's what they say now. Then they pass another bill where it applies to everyone and we all get screwed. The slippery slope is real, or were you absent the last 2 years?

zrickety

The Fixer
I get zero news from FB; only ignorant fools do that. I depend on credible public sources for journalism, and usually national news channels have on-staff lawyers and ex-federal prosecutors that are also now news channel contributors. There is little explanation for why a case in the Arizona region would file with an Unqualified Trump-appointed judge beyond the obvious fact that they were venue shopping. This judge is very politically motivated from what I've heard on the news. It's quite clear why the plaintiff's chose to file their case in her court in Florida.

If you feel that her reasoning is sound, then feel free to explain why. I did not bother to read her reasoning at this point. I'd imagine it would be a bit like reading Clarence Thomas' reasoning on why he always votes on whatever way conservative media would want him to vote and then backfills his explanation. You learn a lot more from reading a Judge Roberts decision than you ever would reading a Clarence Thomas decision.
Tell me your 'credible sources for journalism' include CNN, so I can discount all of your posts.

zrickety

The Fixer
The report is explaining how the CDC receives its power - it's derived by a grant from the HHS. I did not purport it as representing anything else. The claim was made that the CDC has no authority. That is wrong. The CDC has authority granted to it by the HHS. Of course, all of these groups are headed by cabinet members selected by the POTUS. So, saying the CDC has no authority is like saying a police officer has no authority.
I never elected anyone at the CDC, or agreed to any of their imaginary authority. The absence of objection is not consent.