GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer
I didn't mean that I think the mandates are going to take away current cars. I understand that they are for future manufacturing. But I also think that the market will decide when everyone wants an EV. The EVangelists will sit there and argue that battery technology will improve, we will eventually stop using fossil fuels for energy production (to power the EVs) etc, but then scream about how hydrogen isn't worth pursuing because the technology doesn't exist to make it viable. Why would anyone other than Elon Musk be against pursuing both and letting people decide what they want? If the tech will eventually be there for EVs to be a solution for everyone, would the same not be true for hydrogen? I have to think that toyota, of all companies, is pursuing it for a reason. There's also synthetic gas, which again, is still in the early stages of development (yes, I know the Germans used synthetic gas in WW2, but I'm talking about the modern stuff).
They were making biofuel, gas and diesel, from algae years ago, I saw a special on tv. The tech exists, though I haven't heard anyone promoting it.
Have read that Musk has a new process for casting EV frames in one piece, will simplify car assembly quite a bit. Competition is good.
Saying that battery tech improvements will improve EVs in the future is such a lazy argument because duh, of course it will. What that argument tries to sidestep is my need for transportation *right now*.

What you’re running into isn’t really unique to EV enthusiasts, it’s a common thread among technologists who believe in a dream where some technology is going to completely reshape the world when most of the time no… it won’t.

I think EVs are going to gradually take more and more market share as time goes on and I’m ok with that. The idea that I can plug a car into a solar/wind powered house and charge it for free while using it as a whole home power backup in case of outages just sounds awesome. But I’m not going to drop cash on an EV until I start seeing remanufactured replacement batteries for reasonable prices, which I’m sure will happen at some point but we’re definitely not there yet.
Battery tech does seem to be the limiting factor. But then so are charging times and where the electricity comes from. The original Tesla was pulling power out of thin air, I have to wonder if free energy/zero point is where this all ends up.
I watched a youtuber who put solar on his house. He's up north with not as much sun. Paid about $100k for his Tesla roof including battery powerwall, but it will pay for itself in 10 years (assuming batteries last). Has no electric bill and drives a Tesla. I like the idea, but the initial cost is prohibitive and I wonder about longevity of the equipment.

npace

Autocross Champion
They were making biofuel, gas and diesel, from algae years ago, I saw a special on tv. The tech exists, though I haven't heard anyone promoting it.
Have read that Musk has a new process for casting EV frames in one piece, will simplify car assembly quite a bit. Competition is good.

Battery tech does seem to be the limiting factor. But then so are charging times and where the electricity comes from. The original Tesla was pulling power out of thin air, I have to wonder if free energy/zero point is where this all ends up.
I watched a youtuber who put solar on his house. He's up north with not as much sun. Paid about $100k for his Tesla roof including battery powerwall, but it will pay for itself in 10 years (assuming batteries last). Has no electric bill and drives a Tesla. I like the idea, but the initial cost is prohibitive and I wonder about longevity of the equipment.

Oddly enough, I just saw this article about biofuel powered trucks being used for F1:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...ons-by-an-average.5qvmLnvq3ocyEYtgqbpWiJ.html

It seems like if people were really concerned about climate change, we would be trying to encourage a transition to fuel alternatives that either don't require anything of consumers (other than buying the fuel) or a low-cost conversion like replacing the fuel lines and adding a sensor. Attempts to force electric on everyone feel.... forced.

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer
Elon dropped the ball. Links don't show posts anymore? LAME.

1696679707103.png

zrickety

The Fixer
1696888383167.png

zrickety

The Fixer
Oh no ELON RUINED YOUR THREAD :ROFLMAO:
He nerfed all the links.

I get that he wants people to use his proprietary "X" for everything, but sharing tweets was a big way to bring them to the platform.
Now people will just go 'meh' and keep scrolling.

zrickety

The Fixer
1696901696133.png

avenali312

Autocross Champion
He nerfed all the links.

I get that he wants people to use his proprietary "X" for everything, but sharing tweets was a big way to bring them to the platform.
Now people will just go 'meh' and keep scrolling.
Probably more of a limitation of the forum platform (X doesn't show up as an approved site). Don't worry, I'm sure the admins will jump right in to fix it :ROFLMAO:

1697033269107.png