GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

cb1111

Actually, these were pretty massive clinical trials - far larger than the "normal" trials by more than a tenfold. mRNA trials have been going on for many years, so that, combined with the huge amount of people in these trials, is certainly equivalent to a "normal" trial.

Think of this as being the same as the seasonal flu vaccine - the basic technology has been around for years and it is just an annual update.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
You're assuming that there is some sort of magic in a long clinical trial - kind of like 3k oil change intervals are necessary.

Wait, those 3k OCIs were back when we were using straight 20w50 dino oil and 12k tune ups.

them days are long gone - as are really long clinical trials
The clinical trials were just a few months long. That's not long enough to convince me to get the vaccine yet. I have COPD soI have to be ultra cautious.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
The clinical trials were just a few months long. That's not long enough to convince me to get the vaccine yet. I have COPD soI have to be ultra cautious.
Well yeah, if you have some serious issues that you know for sure may not respond too well to this vaccine, you obviously don't run to take it. That's why it's important that the rest of us get vaccinated, so that people who can't have it for whatever reason have a better chance at not catching it.

cb1111

But we've been looking at mRNA for several years now and that makes vaccine "building" far faster.

cb1111

My brother in law says "for all the anti-vaxxers - get out of my way so I can get to the head of the line

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I'm banking on people far smarter than me knowing what they're doing. If they say the vaccine is safe (which they have), I'll get it as soon as I'm able. I understand the point of "But it's only been months! How can we know of any long term side effects?!?", but that's a point I assume those aforementioned smart people have taken into consideration.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
But we've been looking at mRNA for several years now and that makes vaccine "building" far faster.
Agreed. But it's still a new virus with it's own unique composition. Hey I hope they have it right but I'll still be diligent as to when I get the vaccine. I've continued working throughout since the virus started so I'll continue with what I've been doing until I know for certain the vaccine is safe and effective.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
B88354F7-4527-497C-828E-795F5B096E6A.gif

Every time someone mentions the COVID being 2-3 shots in a series... I have flashbacks of the Anthrax series.

zrickety

The Fixer
Not really. They are using a new type of vaccine development and mRNA is a new process as well which cuts development time.

So far, there have been few severe adverse reaction, but we don't really know what happens in a couple of years.
Have read reports of death within hours, people in their 40's.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
I'm banking on people far smarter than me knowing what they're doing. If they say the vaccine is safe (which they have), I'll get it as soon as I'm able. I understand the point of "But it's only been months! How can we know of any long term side effects?!?", but that's a point I assume those aforementioned smart people have taken into consideration.
They can take into consideration the long term effects only after its been a long time. And I'm talking months not years.

zrickety

The Fixer
We just live in a funny time where 'antivaxxing' became a thing randomly over the last two years
Nothing random about it. Parents got tired of seeing their kids get killed or injured by vaccines. One does not become an 'anti-vaxxer' by chance. Believe me.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Nothing random about it. Parents got tired of seeing their kids get killed or injured by vaccines. One does not become an 'anti-vaxxer' by chance. Believe me.
It's a good time for you to explain your vaccine experience.