GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

Luva

Go Kart Champion
That's what they say now. Then they pass another bill where it applies to everyone and we all get screwed. The slippery slope is real, or were you absent the last 2 years?

Agreed +100. It is doubtful that a novel "tax on unrealized capital gains" for the ultra rich would ever function as intended. The middle class would somehow get caught in the cross-hairs in short order. I believe the world of macroeconomics calls it the Law of Unintended Consequences. The American story is full of them, and they surely don't all come from the left side of the political aisle.

Let's not kid ourselves. Those in power and with seemingly large tax liabilities would simply find new loopholes that are not available to the middle class. I think a tax on unrealized capital gains would be a horrible pandora's box of tax code precedent.

Daks

Autocross Champion

Russia finds Ukraine’s military stronghold in Kherson​

The Russian military has found the headquarters of a Ukrainian territorial defence unit in a school in the port city of Kherson, the Russian Defence Ministry has said adding it was the “stronghold” for Ukraine’s military in the region.

The ministry said the school and the basement were filled with boxes of ammunition, weapons and medicines, Russia’s state news agency RIA reported.

According to the report, Russian soldiers examined the school for mines and explosives and removed all weapons and ammunition. “Then the building was handed over to the administration”, RIA said.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Way she goes. Because they typed it, it must be true. I mean it's on the internet right?

KHARKIV, UKRAINE—Exacting swift and merciless retribution for the missile strike on his World Central Kitchen outpost, celebrity chef José Andrés was reportedly spotted Tuesday enclosing several terrified Russian soldiers within the pastry case of an enormous empanada. “Providing meals to displaced civilians during wartime is a vital humanitarian undertaking, and now you charity-bombing ratas are going to help me feed refugees whether you like it or not!” said the frenzied restaurateur, who cackled as he forcefully shoved handfuls of diced onions and potatoes into the men’s wailing mouths, coldly ignoring their muffled exhortations for forgiveness as they struggled in vain against the sprigs of aromatic parsley binding their wrists and ankles. “What’s wrong? Thought you could destroy my kitchen without becoming a piquant modern twist on a classic Spanish recipe? Cowards. Cry that tablespoon of smoked paprika and half cup of pitted green olives out of your eyes and look at me. Look at me! I want my face to be the last thing you see before I crimp that dough shut in a pleasing scalloped pattern and send you to hell in a 425 degree oven for 30 minutes or until golden-brown.” At press time, Andrés was seen manically plunging a large kitchen knife through the pastry’s top to ensure the Russian soldiers’ screams vented properly.
Bro, reading that was like having a bad acid trip. Slava ukraini!

anotero

Autocross Champion

Russia finds Ukraine’s military stronghold in Kherson​

The Russian military has found the headquarters of a Ukrainian territorial defence unit in a school in the port city of Kherson, the Russian Defence Ministry has said adding it was the “stronghold” for Ukraine’s military in the region.

The ministry said the school and the basement were filled with boxes of ammunition, weapons and medicines, Russia’s state news agency RIA reported.

According to the report, Russian soldiers examined the school for mines and explosives and removed all weapons and ammunition. “Then the building was handed over to the administration”, RIA said.
And here i am paying an arm and a leg for ammo in the US. I wonder if Ukrainian Post ships ammunition...

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Washington Post, New York Times, Reuters, Wall Street Journal, NPR, etc
I actually wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and thought he was going to at least state some independent journalists and maybe a think tank or institute outside of the big money mouthpieces.

Nope. Just Corporate Journalism™. The bias of the investment banking elite who sit on boards and own controlling shares of these companies is good enough for most people.

Last edited:

uberdot

Autocross Champion
24216302-2F60-4DDE-9B03-12563DF54970.jpeg

zrickety

The Fixer
Way she goes. Because they typed it, it must be true. I mean it's on the internet right?

KHARKIV, UKRAINE—Exacting swift and merciless retribution for the missile strike on his World Central Kitchen outpost, celebrity chef José Andrés was reportedly spotted Tuesday enclosing several terrified Russian soldiers within the pastry case of an enormous empanada. “Providing meals to displaced civilians during wartime is a vital humanitarian undertaking, and now you charity-bombing ratas are going to help me feed refugees whether you like it or not!” said the frenzied restaurateur, who cackled as he forcefully shoved handfuls of diced onions and potatoes into the men’s wailing mouths, coldly ignoring their muffled exhortations for forgiveness as they struggled in vain against the sprigs of aromatic parsley binding their wrists and ankles. “What’s wrong? Thought you could destroy my kitchen without becoming a piquant modern twist on a classic Spanish recipe? Cowards. Cry that tablespoon of smoked paprika and half cup of pitted green olives out of your eyes and look at me. Look at me! I want my face to be the last thing you see before I crimp that dough shut in a pleasing scalloped pattern and send you to hell in a 425 degree oven for 30 minutes or until golden-brown.” At press time, Andrés was seen manically plunging a large kitchen knife through the pastry’s top to ensure the Russian soldiers’ screams vented properly.
Does she also work for the Babylon Bee?

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer
"Mysterious" heart issues... not so mysterious I think.

1650458334480.png

VoodooDoll

Ready to race!
A Supreme Court Justice, and in fact, most good people , should be able to separate their political leanings from critical thought. That is the tenet of the Supreme Court, no matter how much the progressives want to change it.

McConnell's rejection of Garland was the stupidest decision he's ever made.

Yes, it would be great. The problem is it's not reality. At least since Reagan, Supreme Court picks have been political picks. Ironically, Merick Garland, who was denied a vote by McConnell, is probably the most centrist pick in decades. You realize picks like Kavanaugh were on the Federalist Societies list of preferred judges, and he worked on the Clinton impeachment with one of the most partisan judges in history, Kenneth Starr, author of the infamous Starr Report. Merrick Garland had no such baggage, yet McConnel denied him an up or down vote.

Reactions: WAP

zrickety

The Fixer
Yes, it would be great. The problem is it's not reality. At least since Reagan, Supreme Court picks have been political picks. Ironically, Merick Garland, who was denied a vote by McConnell, is probably the most centrist pick in decades. You realize picks like Kavanaugh were on the Federalist Societies list of preferred judges, and he worked on the Clinton impeachment with one of the most partisan judges in history, Kenneth Starr, author of the infamous Starr Report. Merrick Garland had no such baggage, yet McConnel denied him an up or down vote.
Can we agree that gender and skin color are the lamest, MOST SUPERFICIAL qualifications for the highest court in the land???