launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
On the topic of history with APR, APR very often stretches the truth or provides a very lackluster product compared to the marketing - Including if you want to go read some internet history on vortex and here: Stage 3 7163EFR turbo debacle (BIG one here), The original APR intake for MQB launch, APR roll control springs, Stage 1/2 tune problems with too much boost and compressor surge, and probably others that I have forgotten...

TL;DR - Some products really miss the mark, some live up to the hype. APR will never tell you which ones are which.

There was a pretty big stink over their "RSC" exhaust as well a number of years ago that, I think, started on Audizine or Reddit. Watching that unfold in real time back in the day, and how it was handled by APR, really turned me off to their products in general. Not to say some of their stuff isn't great, it just doesn't interest me anymore. They're owned by a huge parent company, so it's not like they'll miss me or anything.

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I have a masters in mechanical engineering. But even I “dgaf “ and “live and let live”

I know that just about any intake style will improve everything an intake should. By a hair. And that’s it.

Here’s why I take the approach I take. I’m new to vw’s. This is my first one. And I’ve only had her for about two months. Though I am now noticing particular trends.

Regardless you know better than I do. Engineers can’t sell a damn pencil. Sales people do. And when these folks are confronted with tough questions and requests for data, the truth gets stretched or muddied

It’s the nature of the beast.

There was this company. Forgot their name. But they made stuff for the supercharged cobalts. I think it was a three man team. They were honest. And always had third parties dyno before and after too. Never saw that anywhere else.

I do systems engineering which puts me in discussions with contractors on a regular basis about the products they are developing for my organization's needs. There's a common thread to developing and verifying requirements and selecting aftermarket parts. Suppliers who claim they have available, or can build, products that meet a customer need. Some of the responses that Arin is giving would be laughable if money wasn't being exchanged for products with suspect evidence for how they perform.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I do systems engineering which puts me in discussions with contractors on a regular basis about the products they are developing for my organization's needs. There's a common thread to developing and verifying requirements and selecting aftermarket parts. Suppliers who claim they have available, or can build, products that meet a customer need. Some of the responses that Arin is giving would be laughable if money wasn't being exchanged for products with suspect evidence for how they perform.
You’d know better than me man LOL

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
@Arin@APR - Any updates on a dry and/or washable filter for the open intake?

Love the sound, although it took some effort to get the filter to stay on (was walking itself off the inlet tube regardless of how tight the hose clamp was)…anyone else encounter this?
Yea, found it had fallen off once, wasn’t happy about that. I had checked it when i installed the intake…I’m guessing it can loosen once the engine bay gets hot. Now I give it a good tug here and there.