GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
It feels so much lighter on its feet than my gti. Some say that's awd.

Yeah, I dunno - AWD adds weight, but i think they are around the same weight, iirc. If anything, could be just the grip of the AWD and then that turbo really pushes, lol.. that could be a contributing factor.

I'd say it's the combo of AWD and a manual.

indeed.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I dunno - AWD adds weight, but i think they are around the same weight, iirc. If anything, could be just the grip of the AWD and then that turbo really pushes, lol.. that could be a contributing factor.

indeed.

Feel the same about the STi. Frankly its so much diff than the GTI they cannot be compared. I love this car and Im so happy I went Subaru this time. Love the old school hydraulic steering etc. No DI motor and clean tailpipes FTW :):thumbsup:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Feel the same about the STi. Frankly its so much diff than the GTI they cannot be compared. I love this car and Im so happy I went Subaru this time. Love the old school hydraulic steering etc. No DI motor and clean tailpipes FTW :):thumbsup:

oh really? no DI? and no soot every 2-3 days? does mine have the older steering too? and no carbon buildup?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
WRX has upgraded rack and ratio, but i think has electric steering tho, not 100% on that. its supposed to be much improved from prior gens.

STI still basically has the old engine.. from like 2003, essentially. So bad MPG, no DI.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
WRX has upgraded rack and ratio, but i think has electric steering tho, not 100% on that. its supposed to be much improved from prior gens.

STI still basically has the old engine.. from like 2003, essentially. So bad MPG, no DI.

ya i think it has electric steering too, i think i saw that in a couple reviews.

ya you are right.. mine has DI.. aw well.

The flat-four in the 2015 WRX is a member of the FA engine family that powers the turbocharged Forester XT and the naturally aspirated BRZ and Scion FR-S. Direct injected, the engine inhales 15.9 pounds of peak boost (or slightly more during brief overboost periods) and has a 10.6:1 compression ratio. The redline is painted on the tach at 6700 rpm with the six-speed manual and 6500 rpm with the CVT automatic—yes, the WRX is now available with a continuously variable transmission. Peak twist is 258 lb-ft of torque from 2000 rpm to 5200 rpm, and max power arrives at 5600 rpm; if you wait to shift until redline, you do feel the power taper off ever so slightly.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
But you get great mpg. Who knows on how carbon buildup will go, but the improvement in mpg is epic.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
after my 2nd freeway trip to work, it went from 14 - 17.9. still climbing every day.

well today its only about 18.9mpg after my freeway trip. so its tapering off real quick. i don't think i will touch the 25mpg i dreamed about, because most of my driving is city. the one solace is that my Superbees would average 14 and were just a little bit faster, so at least i can be happy if i hit 20-22 or something with this kind of power.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
How does the exhaust sound Plac? Its hard to tell from the vids. I'm sure it sounds better than a GTI. My buddies STI sounds pretty good but he did a catback on it.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
How does the exhaust sound Plac? Its hard to tell from the vids. I'm sure it sounds better than a GTI. My buddies STI sounds pretty good but he did a catback on it.

stock for stock, it is deeper and thicker than the GTI. but its not loud at all, which i like a lot. more sporty than the GTI for sure, even without the offset length headers and rumble.

without the hood scoop, this would be a Camry. that is why i love it. you know how i like my sleepers sometimes. i used to think it was super ricey, as i have said many times over the last year. but now that i see it every day, i dont think its ricey looking at all, in fact, its a bit boring. i like that it wont attract much attention from the cops unless i mod it and make it loud.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i have a bumper protector coming today. a universal one. i hope it fits, but im not totally set on the design yet. its the same one i had in my GTI, except 1 size bigger. The only drawback is, I kind of wanted one that folded over the back of the bumper a bit too, my GTI one didnt protect all the way. However, I know about the Subaru brand one which is just 3M clear bra basically, and i didnt like it much. I wanted something a bit more substantial. Especially for its cost fo $60-$65..

i might have to try a few and waste money to find a good one. i like the look and width of this one, but i doubt it fits a 2015 sedan.

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Subar...26691347&sr=8-8&keywords=wrx+bumper+protector

I pull a stroller in and out of the trunk every day, one of these days im gonna scratch the bumper by accident.

Last edited:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Another guy that would choose the CVT.. sigh. knew it.

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
You should change your avatar...