GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

zrickety

The Fixer
I encourage you to find out.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i been talking to a couple people about the tranny. should have done a CVT. anyone that says im insane doesn't live in california. traffic everywhere.. all day long. but that's that, and ill try a manual this time, next time though, no.

chinoyboi14

Ready to race!
i been talking to a couple people about the tranny. should have done a CVT. anyone that says im insane doesn't live in california. traffic everywhere.. all day long. but that's that, and ill try a manual this time, next time though, no.
Did you test drive one or did the reviews sway you away from it?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Did you test drive one or did the reviews sway you away from it?

i test drive one all the time. my wifes. its killer, as i have always said. but ya, every review said dont get the CVT, even though some reviews said it was pretty good anyway.

chinoyboi14

Ready to race!
i test drive one all the time. my wifes. its killer, as i have always said. but ya, every review said dont get the CVT, even though some reviews said it was pretty good anyway.
I meant the WRX's CVT in particular. I'm sure the Forester's is similar if not the same, but maybe the WRX has different quirks or tuning?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Listening to the second set of the 7/23/90 Grateful Dead show at the World Music Theater in Tinley Park, IL in its entirety will yield equivalent or possibly better remote sticky icky effect man.

oh dang. I kinda hate that place.. haven't been there in ages. It's only good if you're inthe first 20 rows or so, after that, the sound sucks balls.

1300 off msrp vs 1800

hmm.. i'd have to go back and look. What about his destination?

My dealer called and left me a message today offering to take my R as a trade in or possibly even buy it. I might return that call just to see what they have to say...

TOKE UP, DEN DIAL EM UP.

They will lowball you. #saletactics

this^

WUT.

Didn't you sell the Wrangler because it was stick? what don't you like about this one, how notchy it is? if I were to get one, I'd probably wait on the factory short shifter, imho.

I meant the WRX's CVT in particular. I'm sure the Forester's is similar if not the same, but maybe the WRX has different quirks or tuning?

I believe Subaru told reviewers it has different software/programming than the forester, but who knows.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Didn't you sell the Wrangler because it was stick? what don't you like about this one, how notchy it is? if I were to get one, I'd probably wait on the factory short shifter, imho.

naw its more of a hip/knee issue thing. and slightly less the traffic issue. it shifts fine, and i like the STI short shifter kit. im just gonna exercise more so i can build up big meaty thighs.

chinoyboi14

Ready to race!
oh dang. I kinda hate that place.. haven't been there in ages. It's only good if you're inthe first 20 rows or so, after that, the sound sucks balls.

hmm.. i'd have to go back and look. What about his destination?

TOKE UP, DEN DIAL EM UP.

this^

WUT.

I believe Subaru told reviewers it has different software/programming than the forester, but who knows.
Yea, I would've assumed so.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
WORD.

talking to my dealer now about a few diff options.. he accidentally sent me a STI limited quote:

2015 Subaru WRX STI 4 Door
Model Code: FUS
Option Code: 03 (Navigation System + Audio w/ Harman Kardon Amplifier & Speakers + Keyless Access & Start)
6 Speed Manual Transmission

MSRP $37,790
Invoice $35,648

Selling Price $34,958 (Price Quote is only VALID @XXXXX)

:: not bad meme ::

I'd just get a base model, which is where i could probably get it close to $32,500.. which is killer. BUT DAT ENGINE, DOE.

For 2015 Subaru WRX Premium 4 Door
Model Code: FUO
Option Code: 12 (Navigation + Audio w/ Harman Kardon Amplifier and Speakers)
6 Speed Manual Transmission

Factory Added Options:

SPT Catback Exhaust
Auto Dimming Mirror and Compass
Armrest Extension

MSRP $31,290
Invoice $30,510

Selling Price $29,940 (Price Quote is only VALID @XXXX)
**DESTINATION AND DELIVERY INCLUDED IN PRICE QUOTE**

not bad, but im sure they can do better, say 29k or so. enticing.. got a local BMW club member guy interested in my faux S3 (I autocross with them), and if he has his stuff in order.. could be some nice profit of about $7K #actualprofit

Nice on both!!! YO dat killer chassis n steering :) STi :)

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Out of curiosity, why didn't you reset the computer from when it sat at the dealership? Especially if they idled it a whole lot for the first 9 miles of its life.

been thinking about what you said.. and last night i reset the mileage estimator to zero. then i drove to work for 10-15 mins: