GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
The WRX is perfect in pretty much every way. I love it more and more every day. Wanting a GTI again is a long distant memory.

My Tumble Generator Valve delete log is below. that is only used for emissions for the first 30-60 seconds of cold start up. Much like our air pumps. Then the flaps are open the other 99% of the time. The key is, even with them open, they are still using up 25-30% of the volume of that passageway. That is now opened and clear.

Note in the log how even if the numbers aren't hugely different, see how the torque comes on much faster on the TGV run. Also, how much smoother the TGV lines are compared to the other ones with weird humps. Also from 5000rpm and up, the TGV-delete just trumps the normal setup all the way.

Last edited:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie

geez, given the amount of "sexy" comments i got on the video, i would have never known there were so many gays watching my video. i had to clean them up.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
This is the flavor of the week in my bizarre, ongoing fascination with the thought of having a used 6 speed basic E90 as my daily driver.. It'll never happen. But why not? Plac bro's Subie would smoke this thing.

Placman, how has it been with the manual after being in autos for so long? I'm starting on this page and not reading back so maybe you've talked about it. There is so much Suburu whacking on this thread I don't visit much but I'm curious to know your thoughts. Bay Area, brutal traffic, do tell. Im getting a little bored in the auto these days. Just a little

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5051011675.html

Edit:

Holy shit, he sold it! That thing went instantly. My god. Thing was clean... 80k miles, 2011, clean as a whistle, premium pkg, sport pkg, 6 speed, black on black, xenons.. $14k. OOOOOH well.

Nate I didnt see the car as the ad is gone. Sounds like it was a nice car! Not sure your nostalgia for a manual gearbox is good idea in LA. Fun but maybe in second car. The performance AT in the M235i is hard to let go of. It works great in auto or sport and gives you command of the car.

Merging in and out of traffic in LA and shooting gaps is easier with the AT. Just my thoughts. I love the manual in the STi I have but in LA Im not sure how long Id last as the traffic here where I am in Germany is pretty fkn bad and is rated #1 in Germany again this year.

jnj2455

Ready to race!
Nate I didnt see the car as the ad is gone. Sounds like it was a nice car! Not sure your nostalgia for a manual gearbox is good idea in LA. Fun but maybe in second car. The performance AT in the M235i is hard to let go of. It works great in auto or sport and gives you command of the car.

Merging in and out of traffic in LA and shooting gaps is easier with the AT. Just my thoughts. I love the manual in the STi I have but in LA Im not sure how long Id last as the traffic here where I am in Germany is pretty fkn bad and is rated #1 in Germany again this year.

I stupidly test drove a M235i AT yesterday at the place near my parents' house (they didn't have a manual, of course) and then I even tried working out some finance numbers and lied my 25 year old ass off to the incredulous dad-figure salesman that I could afford it. If only I didn't have that manhattan cost of living following me around.. haha. I want that car SO badly- It's all I've been thinking about. Also living in Manhattan where keeping my one GTI has been an expensive chore.

But that point aside, the automatic was a pleasure to drive and I came away from it surprisingly pleased with how well it responded to my inputs in Drive, Sport, and Manual modes. I'd still get it in a manual but I really can see how performance cars are getting away with automatics now. I took curvy turns that I would normally have that FWD-biased plowing understeer feeling in the GTI and it the M235 just hugged the road and was so planted and firm without feeling like I was gonna fishtail or understeer. Beautiful.

Is the one in the M235i a dual clutch tho? I kinda don't think so but Idk.

McQueen77

Banned

Yeah, its a pipe dream. The 8AT, especially in sport+ is so good.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Ford making a new Torino? That thing is basass!

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I stupidly test drove a M235i AT yesterday at the place near my parents' house (they didn't have a manual, of course) and then I even tried working out some finance numbers and lied my 25 year old ass off to the incredulous dad-figure salesman that I could afford it. If only I didn't have that manhattan cost of living following me around.. haha. I want that car SO badly- It's all I've been thinking about. Also living in Manhattan where keeping my one GTI has been an expensive chore.

But that point aside, the automatic was a pleasure to drive and I came away from it surprisingly pleased with how well it responded to my inputs in Drive, Sport, and Manual modes. I'd still get it in a manual but I really can see how performance cars are getting away with automatics now. I took curvy turns that I would normally have that FWD-biased plowing understeer feeling in the GTI and it the M235 just hugged the road and was so planted and firm without feeling like I was gonna fishtail or understeer. Beautiful.

Is the one in the M235i a dual clutch tho? I kinda don't think so but Idk.

their 8 speed is still a regular automatic, but ZF (which what it has) makes the best slush boxes.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
Is there a way for you to reset learning to get that feeling when it was first installed?

nope, not in Plac land.

stage 1, its the best, its #1. the best. :D