GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Off-Topic Chat Thread

DAS_STIG

Banned
i'm actually curious what they'll do for the mk3 TT. always wanted one with quattro but price is too high for me to justify considering you could get a golf R. wonder if they'll just take the GTI engine and shove it in there or spruce it up some.

GTI2007

I think they are going to use the GTI engine for the regular TT. The 300 HP 2.0T engine that is going to go in the new S3 will also go in the TTS I suppose and for the TTRS they are probably going to stick with the 2.5T but then with around 380 HP

DAS_STIG

Banned
well yeah i know the 300 hp one won't go in the regular TT, but they'll probably give it a boost over the GTI to distinguish them. like the current get claims more hp and more torque.

GTI2007

On the German Audi website. You only can get it with an s-tronic gearbox or for the 150 HP 2.0 TDI engine

Last edited:

GTI2007

so if you would want a A3 with quattro and a manual gearbox you only have the choise of the 2.0 TDI with 150 HP

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
and you think swapping a 2.5T drivetrain into the Golf R is cheap? not to talk about converting half the car to aluminum components... or upgrading all the suspension bits...

Exactly. And a TTRS is too much for alot of people. So to me, there is nice hole in the market VW could fill. 40k Golf RS...works for me.

GTI2007

I agree with that considering that the current TTRS is a $ 57k car and the mk3 TTRS who will also share the MQB chassis of that Golf RS will be maybe even more expensive and a little less practical then the Golf RS