GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Gun Thread

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Any 1911 enthusiasts in here?

Thoughts on a Springfield Loaded Target?
Seems to have some good features, novak style sights, extended beaver-tail.
A smoother trigger, skeletonized hammer/trigger as well as front serrations.

Any thoughts?

Very solid gun for the money..

Any other guns you are looking at? Budget? Colt is the gold standard of 1911, but the market today is flooded with affordable quality options and for 800-900 dollars can get a great 1911, or build one yourself and get a better 1911 than most of what is available for the price...

My main carry is a Springfield TRP, have an own custom 1911's, colts, Kimbers..etc The one that is my work horse is the TRP

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Very solid gun for the money..

Any other guns you are looking at? Budget? Colt is the gold standard of 1911, but the market today is flooded with affordable quality options and for 800-900 dollars can get a great 1911, or build one yourself and get a better 1911 than most of what is available for the price...

My main carry is a Springfield TRP, have an own custom 1911's, colts, Kimbers..etc The one that is my work horse is the TRP

TRP is really nice. I think I'm going to end up with a Springfield, I'm going to go check them out today after work.

What three 1911's would you recommend for $1k and under?

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
whats the story with the 1911...why does everyone want one. someone tldr me

Honestly, I've always been a Glock guy, never really looked at the 1911. A few weeks ago I was able to shoot a Colt MKIV Commander(?)(not exactly sure which Colt...there's so many 1911s) and I fell in love. Being use to Glocks, it was nice to have such a slim frame gun, it felt so right in my hands and the trigger was great. I truly enjoyed shooting the 1911 more than my Glock. I've also been looking for a stainless frame gun and the 1911 fits that bill perfectly. They also make double stack 1911's for more capacity...I feel like that kind of kills the feel of it though.

I would take my Glock anywhere and I trust my life to it, but man that 1911 is a sweet gun. If you've never shot one, go shoot it, you will want one too :thumbup:

barische

Go Kart Champion

In process

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Honestly, I've always been a Glock guy, never really looked at the 1911. A few weeks ago I was able to shoot a Colt MKIV Commander(?)(not exactly sure which Colt...there's so many 1911s) and I fell in love. Being use to Glocks, it was nice to have such a slim frame gun, it felt so right in my hands and the trigger was great. I truly enjoyed shooting the 1911 more than my Glock. I've also been looking for a stainless frame gun and the 1911 fits that bill perfectly. They also make double stack 1911's for more capacity...I feel like that kind of kills the feel of it though.
I would take my Glock anywhere and I trust my life to it, but man that 1911 is a sweet gun. If you've never shot one, go shoot it, you will want one too :thumbup:
dat glock love. i cleaned mine last night regardless of what the certain glock owners believe in never having to clean it. I clean mine every 250 rounds (basically a range visit).
The 1911 is Americas gun. It has been in service for like ever it's customizable and just an all around fun gun to fire.
well said lol

svickstc

Go Kart Champion

Its a 100 year design that is still hangs with the technology hoopla of all these fancy guns in 2015. Its reliable to a point which heavily depends on the quality of the gun and usually high end 1911's have very tight tolerences which is good for accuracy and shooting, not so good throwing it in some mud and dirt at a pistol course.. (not debating 1911 relaibility in battle over a glock here in certain circumstances). However, it is my go to gun to run

It is slim (conceals very well, I mean what other 5" gun can you conceal as easy as a 1911 iwb) nowadays can be lightweight, tons of aftermarket support which lends itself to the comp shooter side of the arena as well...

Not much better factory triggers out there than a decent 1911, especially a 70 series (if you dont know why google it)...

It is a 5" gun so the long sight radius makes for easier shooting for most people, the grip angle, legnth of barrel, weight all lend itself to be an accurate shooter (Ive yet to cut a playing card in half with a glock, but can do it with my TRP)

I could go on and on why there is such a following of the 1911, but much better reads out there then what i can provide in terms of literature

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion

I'm the most accurate with 1911s when compared to just about any other handgun out there. That is why I like them for the range.

When it comes to the real world, I prefer Glock. Why? Because they can take being neglected and still go bang when you pull the trigger. Sure, my accuracy diminishes slightly with Glock, but not enough to be of concern to me. I've narrowed down my accuracy deficiency to the mushy trigger, European grip angle, and combat sights on the Glock.

gliitch

Ready to race!
Most people are more accurate with a 1911. It is because the trigger pull is null. Generally these people tend to have bad shooting fundamentals.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Don't worry that's on the list as well :laugh:

I want dat der 30-06 Bolt action tho. Kaboom

Dat'll put some meat on da table, ya hey.

Sent from some sort of Apple device.