GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Gun Thread

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
Anybody in LA want some large cardboard for targets? Was about to throw away, but figured is check if anyone wants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Looking for a new IWB holster for EDC.

Looking at:
Pitbull Tactical - Had one and absolutely loved it
Stealth Gear Onyx - Looks like it would be nice for summer carry
Gcode INCOG - Seems to have good reviews

Anything else anyone can recommend. Interested in Kydex/Hybrid only. It's for my Glock 23. I'm really leaning towards the Pitbull Tactical.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Looking for a new IWB holster for EDC.

Looking at:
Pitbull Tactical - Had one and absolutely loved it
Stealth Gear Onyx - Looks like it would be nice for summer carry
Gcode INCOG - Seems to have good reviews

Anything else anyone can recommend. Interested in Kydex/Hybrid only. It's for my Glock 23. I'm really leaning towards the Pitbull Tactical.

Check out Aliengear.... VERY comfortable. Prices are great and they are very adjustable.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
I have two Comp-Tac MTAC's with multiple kydex "bodies" for other handguns.

The AlienGear units are pretty much a knock-off of the Comp-Tac at a much lower price point. I have handled them, but not worn one but the quality difference is noticeable with side to side viewing.

I've worn an MTAC for about 7 years and have the velcro clips on mine and I use their Kydex re-enforced belt that has a velcro lining inside which makes for no clips/straps outside the belt and keeps it very covert.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Check out Aliengear.... VERY comfortable. Prices are great and they are very adjustable.

The AlienGear is similar to the StealthGear but as mentioned the AlienGear is adjustable.

I have used the N82 holster and now using AlienGear and while there is nothing specifically wrong with AlienGear, it's not perfect for me.

The N82 I used with my S&W MP9c and it was comfortable against bare skin could wear it a long time without major issues. The adjustment clip would constantly come loose, would need to tighten it at least once a week. I was having trouble wearing the MP9c in the S4, the holster was digging into the leather bolster and was worried it would do permanent damage. So I shopped for a smaller, lighter gun (like I needed an excuse to buy a new gun LOL).

I now normally carry the XDs 3.5" in 9mm in my AlienGear but got a deal on an AlienGear for the MP9c at the same time so have used it in direct comparison. I use the XDs more regularly now because it is slimmer and lighter and the AlienGear struggles with the heavier MP9c and because, for some reason I shoot better with the XDs than the MP9c.

The Aliengear is NOT comfortable against bare skin, I have to wear an undershirt or else I end up with MAJOR rash plus it's not comfortable. Using 100 cotton tank top undershirts works and doesn't make me too awful hot. however, the undershirt slides around under the holster, after a few hours really need to open my jeans and re-tuck/re-adjust everything.

The adjustment in the AlienGear allows you to tuck the pistol deeper into your waistband for better concealment and change cant angle as well. That said, the adjustment screws also come loose regularly and need to be re-tightened often.

The N82 also has a lock-in feature that holds the gun securely in the holster. To release you have to place your thumb between the grip and the holster and twist toward your body. It becomes second nature when drawing even though it sounds odd at first. The AlienGear has manually adjusted retention strength with screws, you have to find the sweet spot of holding it in place and being able to draw easily.

Both holsters have been used with the same belt, a 511 Tactical leather made specifically for concealed carry.

I never felt the N82 was a perfect solution either, but I would put it at 8-9/10 and the only reason I tried Aliengear was because of the S4 seats. It cost around $80 for this one holster.

The AlienGear is what I use daily now because it's the only holster I have for the XDs, it's not perfect either but nothing majorly flawed with it other than comfort (the undershirt issue), overall I would give it a 7/10. I got two holsters and an extra shell for the XDs to use with a laser when I get one for around $90. I paid for the upgraded belt clips (metal not plastic).

Truthfully, nothing against AlienGear, but I am probably going to order a N82 for the XDs soon, especially before it gets too awful hot in the summer.

I've worn an MTAC for about 7 years and have the velcro clips on mine and I use their Kydex re-enforced belt that has a velcro lining inside which makes for no clips/straps outside the belt and keeps it very covert.

How's the leather backing on those? Are they TRULY comfortable to wear against bare skin? Their belt solution sounds secure, if I could find a rig that won't keep pulling down and needing re-adjustment throughout the day I'd be happy.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I had looked into Aliengear but after a bit of research I decided that I would go with the Stealthgear Onyx if I was going to take the hybrid route. That's why I didn't mention the Aliengear in my OP. The Onyx looks really comfortable.

Like I said, I had a pitbull tactical holster and I loved it, if you guys haven't checked them out go take a look. They make some really quality Kydex holsters. I carried my Glock 23 in that holster in the 4-5 o clock position and it was extremely comfortable. Even while driving, it felt like I had nothing on. That's why I want to get another one, but with summer right around the corner, the Onyx is looking like a good choice.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
How's the leather backing on those? Are they TRULY comfortable to wear against bare skin? Their belt solution sounds secure, if I could find a rig that won't keep pulling down and needing re-adjustment throughout the day I'd be happy.

They are comfortable. I regularly can be found in the NV/AZ Desert in the summers and I've never had any issues, even when you're sweating like you just took a shower.
Their belt system with the velcro setup is awesome, and the kydex sandwiched between the leather in the belt keeps it very firm, it will not roll over on you.

They are not cheap, but you get what you pay for in my opinion.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I went with a Pitbull Tactical Bloodline holster. Decided to go with what I know, since I had one not too long ago. For $89.99 + tax, you can't beat it. Makes my glock 23 disappear when carried anywhere between 4-5 o'clock.

It also comes with belt loops for OWB carry. Also bought it locally at Nexus Shooting, so it was nice to not have to wait a month or so lol

Sent from deez balls

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
I went with a Pitbull Tactical Bloodline holster. Decided to go with what I know, since I had one not too long ago. For $89.99 + tax, you can't beat it. Makes my glock 23 disappear when carried anywhere between 4-5 o'clock.

It also comes with belt loops for OWB carry. Also bought it locally at Nexus Shooting, so it was nice to not have to wait a month or so lol

Sent from deez balls

I can't read a post about the Glock 23 without putting this video in here :thumbsup: I could watch his videos for 24 hours straight

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
I can't read a post about the Glock 23 without putting this video in here :thumbsup: I could watch his videos for 24 hours straight

Yep, I love my 23's.

The first one I got in 1991 and it made me a Glock fan forever. I still have that one and the love the pre-gen3 frame.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Yep, I love my 23's.

The first one I got in 1991 and it made me a Glock fan forever. I still have that one and the love the pre-gen3 frame.

My dad has a 22 or a 23, can't remember which. I need to shoot it again one of these days, to remind myself how much I like it.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone here fired a Walther PPQ (original, or M2)? It's on my list of handguns that I'd like to fire, at some point or another before I make up my mind on one. I've read a ton of good things about it, just wondering if anyone's experienced it in person.