GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Gun Thread

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
nice.

Sold the .45 on Saturday, kinda miss her, but we'll see about the S&P 9mm or I was looking at a Sig or Taurus .380

anyhoo, does anyone have a biometric safe? (thumbprint dealie one).

Dad does. And it's awesome. The more you use it, the more it learns your print.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
380<9mm<40S&W

MY wife has a sig p238 she loves it. I am thinking of getting one for summer carry.

Y'all change guns for the seasons? LOL

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
Sig? .380 is smaller than .40, where does 9mm lie then? sorry, i dont remember this shit from 1994.

thanks, that's what im hearing and seeing in reviews etc, as well.

think of 380 as a 9mm short. basically a weak 9. 40 cal carries an extra 1mm of bullet diameter a little more weight and tends to work better through barriers. it snaps a little more than 9mm.

I personally prefer 9mm. if I need more round im skipping 40 and going to 45. a 380 can be an ok 'get off me' gun, but id preferr a 357mag snub nose for that purpose in that size.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
Man I wish these local gunsmiths would stop being so fucking cryptic and tell me what they're gonna charge for a night sight install. The best I found was 75 miles away at 50 bucks. With the gas I'd end up spending I'm sure going local is the way to go but none of these bastards wanna tell me a price until they see the gun and the sights. Wtf? It's a Kimber Custom II and Meprolight sights.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
^ buy a sight tool and do it yourself.

Just bought a M&P 40

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
if you have a zeroing target you can do it with a brass mallet and a plastic door wedge too....

I was shooting a steel comp and had one of my sights knocked out of alignment and found it during the practice round. Had to improvise with a brass mallet and still ended up winning. :lol: The mallet can mark up the finish, so I would use a plastic door wedge against the sight. You'll be able to get it close enough for up to 25m without much trouble. If you plan on taking it out to 50-100m you'll need the sight tool. Plus you can't count on most pistol smiths to actually regulate the sights when they install them.

IMO its something you should either have the tool for or get comfortable improvising with, because in the end only you can zero your sights to your eye.

Last edited:

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
True that. This is the first time I've ever contemplated swapping out pistol sights. I'm pretty comfortable with the OEM Glock sights and the fiber optic peep on my XDS. The OEM Kimber sight on the custom II is garbage lol.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
oh...Its for a kimber?

Shit, I wouldn't bother with the sights on a gun that probably doesn't shoot in the first place....

:p

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
who's magazines do you run with it? Wilson?

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
.380 is not much worse than a 9mm. I love my 84FS. John stay away from .40. You can shoot mine but I'd say nine.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
.380 is not much worse than a 9mm. I love my 84FS. John stay away from .40. You can shoot mine but I'd say nine.

Ill certainly never tell someone who has something that is working for them that its wrong, but seeing plenty of people shot with both, I can tell you its not how I'd place my bets.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
.40 is nothing but an overpriced 9mm. If you want a real .40 cal bullet get a 10mm

His wife might be using the gun, cost of ammo is a factor, and 9mm offers the best for that.

With the right load and grain there is really no difference.

Also, I have a .40 and I hate it with a passion