GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Gun Thread

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
10mm is a great round. I don't agree with there being no difference. Ive seen first hand 40 cal round perform substantially better on target putting someone down than 9mm does, especially through barriers.

I prefer 9mm because of how much faster I can shoot it compared to 40.

I certainly dont consider my experience exhaustive, but based on what Ive seen, the bigger and heavier the bullet the better.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Man I wish these local gunsmiths would stop being so fucking cryptic and tell me what they're gonna charge for a night sight install. The best I found was 75 miles away at 50 bucks. With the gas I'd end up spending I'm sure going local is the way to go but none of these bastards wanna tell me a price until they see the gun and the sights. Wtf?
I am having that same experience. Luckily I found a shop that I'm familiar with that will do it for $20.

Also, I have a .40 and I hate it with a passion
I thought you liked yours...

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
10mm is a great round. I don't agree with there being no difference. Ive seen first hand 40 cal round perform substantially better on target putting someone down than 9mm does, especially through barriers.

I prefer 9mm because of how much faster I can shoot it compared to 40.

I certainly dont consider my experience exhaustive, but based on what Ive seen, the bigger and heavier the bullet the better.

If you are shooting through barriers to stop an attacker you are doing it wrong.

Kevin - I love my PX4 just starting to really really hate .40

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
I run Wilson combat mags. I'm gonna hunt for some more ETM's though. I gave my last two mags to my brother for his bday and since I holstered the 1911 for almost a year and have been carrying my XDS or Glock. Just recently got back into carrying it with me. I forget how much prettier and "heftier" this gun is compared to my plastic guns.

Tactical Pancake

Ready to race!
Sig? .380 is smaller than .40, where does 9mm lie then? sorry, i dont remember this shit from 1994.

thanks, that's what im hearing and seeing in reviews etc, as well.

Get a glock 30s. All the concealed carry power you need and then some. Not sure when they'll be available though, if they aren't already.

Goobax

Ready to race!
Took down a couple feral hogs over the weekend with my GLock21, not sure if I can post the pics though on this site. Federal HST does some MASSIVE damage to tissue that is for certain. I was able to recover one of the bullets as well, opened up beautifully.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
nice dude. I want to get down to the great country of texas and help you guys with your hog problem.

love me some wild hog meat. I just picked up a Surgeon I need to finish up and and get down there.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
If you are shooting through barriers to stop an attacker you are doing it wrong.

Kevin - I love my PX4 just starting to really really hate .40

thanks for the pro tip. ill keep it in mind.:rolleyes:

I think efk makes a 9mm conversion barrel for the px4, and the 40 mag follower will feed 9mm, fwiw.

I run Wilson combat mags. I'm gonna hunt for some more ETM's though. I gave my last two mags to my brother for his bday and since I holstered the 1911 for almost a year and have been carrying my XDS or Glock. Just recently got back into carrying it with me. I forget how much prettier and "heftier" this gun is compared to my plastic guns.

there is a reason the platform is still around, thats for sure.

Last edited:

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah man, definitely a great gun. It's not a beginner gun, so to speak lol. I bopped my head with the recoil spring plug on my first takedown hahaha

no its not. I really want a costa series nighthawk. but dayum is it expensive....

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
depends on what you do with it. wilsons are pretty darn nice too.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
thanks for the pro tip. ill keep it in mind.:rolleyes:

I think efk makes a 9mm conversion barrel for the px4, and the 40 mag follower will feed 9mm, fwiw.

What barriers do you plan on shooting through? Walls? A Couch? Thats retarted. Firing your weapon should be a last resort. The last thing you want is to get in a shootout with an intruder.