GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Gun Thread

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
I want a top shelf one. Haven't really bothered to look because I'm not at that point in my life where I want to pay almost 6k for a gun lol

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
What barriers do you plan on shooting through? Walls? A Couch? Thats retarted. Firing your weapon should be a last resort. The last thing you want is to get in a shootout with an intruder.

Ive shot through sheet rock, sheet metal, glass, cinder block, wooden doors, metal doors. all sorts of crap. ill shoot anything that I think my weapon will penetrate to reach its intented target and finish the fight.

why wouldnt you want to engage a threat just because a penetrable barrier is between the two of you?

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
I want a top shelf one. Haven't really bothered to look because I'm not at that point in my life where I want to pay almost 6k for a gun lol

*whistles*

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
Ive shot through sheet rock, sheet metal, glass, cinder block, wooden doors, metal doors. all sorts of crap. ill shoot anything that I think my weapon will penetrate to reach its intented target and finish the fight.

So you're going to use over penetration of a round, possibly endanger other people in your home, or neighborhood and blindly shoot through a wall to get a guy that might be on the other side?

No thanks. What kind of defense round are you using, because a hollow point isn't going to penetrate most of those.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
So you're going to use over penetration of a round, possibly endanger other people in your home, or neighborhood and blindly shoot through a wall to get a guy that might be on the other side?

No thanks. What kind of defense round are you using, because a hollow point isn't going to penetrate most of those.

yeah. im going to use a rounds ability to penetrate to do what I need it to do.

in the scenario you are using of your home, did it occur to you to account for the other people in your home as part of your responsibilities? after youve identified a lethal threat and begun to track it start engaging it. know your back drop. I dont go looking to shoot through a barrier, im saying I will if I have to. you can still get the job done. nowhere am I suggesting blind indescriminate fire just blasting away in your home dude. all im saying is know your environment and the capabilities of the weapon you have and what your options are.

hollow points absolutely will penetrate all of those things. ive done it. ball works way better, but hollow points run less risk of over penetration on tissue. rounds of different calibers and different build (bonded/non bonded etc) will behave differently through different barriers at different angles. bullet weight is a big factor. stronger things like cinderblock dont always fully penetrate on the first round with a hand gun but you can erode it pretty quick if you have to.

Trainwreck

Ready to race!
ps buds has a gen 3g19 for sale. probably gone by the time I hit post

I just came back from shooting my g17 for the 1st time.... I likey.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
yeah. im going to use a rounds ability to penetrate to do what I need it to do.

in the scenario you are using of your home, did it occur to you to account for the other people in your home as part of your responsibilities? after youve identified a lethal threat and begun to track it start engaging it. know your back drop. I dont go looking to shoot through a barrier, im saying I will if I have to. you can still get the job done. nowhere am I suggesting blind indescriminate fire just blasting away in your home dude. all im saying is know your environment and the capabilities of the weapon you have and what your options are.

hollow points absolutely will penetrate all of those things. ive done it. rounds of different calibers and different build (bonded/non bonded etc) will behave differently through different barriers at different angles. bullet weight is a big factor. stronger things like cinderblock dont always fully penetrate on the first round with a hand gun but you can erode it pretty quick if you have to.

You don't want penetration through walls. You don't know what is behind there. If the attacker is between you and someone else in your home you aren't going to shoot at them if you think you could harm them. You can't always round up the whole family in the same room and hunker down.

In regards to penetration with hollow points whether you have done it or not that doesnt mean a bullet will behave how you think it will through a barrier. And why would you be wasting shots shooting through a cinder block to erode it away? That just seems asinine. Give away your position and limit your round count to subdue a target.

We obviously have two different ideas here, but I don't want round penetrating through any kind of barrier (wall, door, etc) If they are on the other side of those things they aren't an immediate threat. Your weapon should be used in DEFENSE not an offense. My opinion.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
nice! permit for purchase or for carry? planning on taking a class?

Dubvee

Go Kart Champion
I chuckled a little thinking about people blindly shooting through walls. Didn't know about the X-ray sights they have these days.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
I chuckled a little thinking about people blindly shooting through walls. Didn't know about the X-ray sights they have these days.

KurtP has a set. You should ask for a review

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
nice! permit for purchase or for carry? planning on taking a class?

For carry, though I don't plan on carrying. I mainly just want it to go to the range that a friend of mine goes to - a nice place to get away and blow off some steam.

I took the NRA certified class a couple weekends back instructed by a different friend of mine and his "mentor." My friend did most of the classroom stuff and they both taught out on the range. I think I posted in here about it when I took the course, but I got the Top Gun Award for the class too. Woo!

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
you guys do understand the fact that the operative word of "gunfight" isnt "gun", its "fight", right?

I dunno about you guys but I plan on winning. If someone is presenting a lethal threat, Im going to engage it with tenacity. If someone is in your home, I would assert that you are already on the defensive.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
For carry, though I don't plan on carrying. I mainly just want it to go to the range that a friend of mine goes to - a nice place to get away and blow off some steam.

I took the NRA certified class a couple weekends back instructed by a different friend of mine and his "mentor." My friend did most of the classroom stuff and they both taught out on the range. I think I posted in here about it when I took the course, but I got the Top Gun Award for the class too. Woo!

nice! congrats.

Dubvee

Go Kart Champion
Personally, I like to see my targets. Though I would probably shoot through a door to act like im Charles Bronson or something.